DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 02-17-2006
Ronan

Default IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal - Any ideas?

I've hit a problem with my laptop(running XP Home) and am badly stuck!! Its been away now with engineers twice (one reporting no fault and one replacing the hard drive).

I installed a wireless network card in my laptop (TI ACX100 WLAN Adapter) on approx 2nd January and had no problems - everything was great and my wireless network was going great.

In mid January then my laptop shut down without warning and when attempting to reboot it would go into a circle of restarting and powering down again. So I did a system restore (at this stage I've done many)and it worked. I configured it not to restart after a blue screen and have seen that the error I am getting is

IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal.

Is there any chance that this could be a driver issue with the NIC and if so what driver should I be using?

Ronan

Last edited by Jerry K : 06-16-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal - Any ideas?

[url]http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20361745.html[/url]

This is probably an irq conflict, eg: 2 hardware devices trying to use the same irq. Check in device manager to insure this is not happening and read the suggestions listed in the above link. You can disable unused serial ports to allow additional irq's.
Old 04-13-2006
RAJ

Thumbs up Re: IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal - Any ideas?

Hi,i think you are getting stop 0x000000d1 error.You can try checking with the memory or hdd most of the times these two are the cause of the trouble.And if both are fine then try uninstalling and reinstalling one driver at a time and even if that doesnt work you can do a os reinstall
Old 06-16-2006

Premium Member

karalynn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal - Any ideas?

When I had that error on two different occasions, the solution was to replace the RAM, interesting enough, the RAM that was removed from the system worked fine in another computer....
Old 01-10-2007

optiknet is on a distinguished road
idea Re: IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal - Any ideas?

Hey, I've ran into this problem a few times and usualy it was the ... CD-RW drive...

If the error code is a 0x0A ( 0x00..00a) you can't be certain about the spurce of this error. A 0x7b (if I remember well) is a RAM problem. There are only few 0x?? type errors documented by Microsoft.

Try finding a similar laptop and (ex)changing diferent parts between them. That's the only way to find out where the problem is.

Good luck
Old 01-11-2007

grunta is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IRQL_Not_Less_Than_Or_Equal - Any ideas?

Actually everyone who has posted above is correct. Dependingon te stop error, it could be any number of devices, peripherals or components presenting the problem. I have had this experience many times with a Hp ZV5000 laptop. It was not the RAM as others had suggested, not the DVDRW/CDRW drive, the screen, the touchpad, the audio or video card, not even the touchpad, card reader or Cardbus controller. It turned out to be a DRIVER. Even using Compaq's driver CD presented the same problem. I got my hands on some older drivers (the audio was the main culprit) and viola! everything returned to normal. I suggest you start windows in safe mode (F8 will access the boot options) and rollback/uninstall the last driver you installed/updated. If that does not help, continue the process with the driver you installed prior to that and you SHOULD be able to overcome the problem. Hope this helps

Grant
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]