DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Networking (NICs, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, ...)

Old 07-31-2004
Pedro Gonzalez

Default ethernet driver not installing after reformat on dell computer

my computer had a virus and after running norton it still had it, so i decided to reformat my computer. it's a dell dimension 4600, and i wiped my hard drive clean while reinstalling windows xp home.

now i can't get the multimedia audio controllers and the ethernet controllers to install. i tried looking at all the cds it came with but none of them have the drivers. i tried looking at the site but i'm not sure exactly what i have to download.

please help.

thanks,
Pedro
Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2004
Unregistered

Post DELL Support

If you are not using the DELL restore CDs;

DELL Support; Windows XP drivers. Install the "DELL Support v2.1" program first. It should give you information on the hardware installed in your system.
Then update the drivers accordingly.
[url]http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_P4 _4600&category=0&os=WW1&osl=EN[/url]
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]