DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP

Old 12-20-2010

Steve555 is on a distinguished road
Default "My computer"and"My documents" opens up automatically at the time of windows startup

When I start my computer the "My computer" and "My documents" opens up automatically. What is the reason for it??? and how can I fix it. I don't want these two items open up automatically....
Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: "My computer"and"My documents" opens up automatically at the time of windows startup

Sound like they got put in the Startup folder. Check Start, Programs, Startup to see if they are there. If they are, then just drag them to somewhere besides the Startup folder. If they're not there, then some command is launching them at startup. Do you have *Anti-Nasty software installed and updated?

*Anti-Nasty software = Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, etc.
Old 12-27-2010

Steve555 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "My computer"and"My documents" opens up automatically at the time of windows startup

Hi Jerry!!

Thanks for your advise...

One of my friends has already fixed this issue for me. I think it was "completepcpedia" website where he found the solution of this problem...

But anyways thank you very much....I really appreciate your help.

steve
Old 03-15-2012

ShaneBro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "My computer"and"My documents" opens up automatically at the time of windows startup

This is the virus problem. You have to install a good anti virus software and scan your computer. The problem will be avoided. You have to download the Anti Virus software which can support high security.
Old 04-05-2012

BreadHog is on a distinguished road

If you have does any kind of the setting then it may be happen. Sometime it is the problem of the virus so you have to solve it by scanning your computer.
Old 05-11-2012

RonHickman is on a distinguished road

Even I am also having the same problem and I have scanned my pc but still it has not been solved, so can you give me any solution for it?
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]