DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Mac OS

Old 12-27-2003
Skip Bleecker

Question Mac OS USB Drivers

Where do I look for Mac Drivers on the forum? Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I only see Windoz drivers here.
I have several older and newer Macs using Mac OS 8, 9 and 10 (X), as well as LINUX, and I'm looking for drivers to enable me to use a USB scanner as well as USB upgrade cards that claim to be Mac compatable but don't work on my Macs.
How difficult are drivers to write? Is it just a matter of changing a small part of an existing driver, or do they need to be writen from scratch?
Is it possible to re-write any Windoz drivers to work on Mac OS or LINUX? How about re-writing a Mac driver for one USB scanner (or card) to work on another scanner (or card)?

I don't like it when thing aren't truly "plug and play".

Thank you for any help you can give me,
Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2004
macpro01

idea USB Drivers for Mac OS 8.6 - 9 or Classic

I have located USB Drivers (twain) for UMAX 2100U and others. Contact me online at [email]macpro01@charter.net[/email] and we get you a copy.
Old 03-30-2004
Skip Blecker

Default USB compability

Some G3's have funky ROM that doesn't allow for USB card installation. Look under the apple,in the system profiler, product information. The "bad" ROM has a .40F ending number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bleecker
Where do I look for Mac Drivers on the forum? Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I only see Windoz drivers here.
I have several older and newer Macs using Mac OS 8, 9 and 10 (X), as well as LINUX, and I'm looking for drivers to enable me to use a USB scanner as well as USB upgrade cards that claim to be Mac compatable but don't work on my Macs.
How difficult are drivers to write? Is it just a matter of changing a small part of an existing driver, or do they need to be writen from scratch?
Is it possible to re-write any Windoz drivers to work on Mac OS or LINUX? How about re-writing a Mac driver for one USB scanner (or card) to work on another scanner (or card)?

I don't like it when thing aren't truly "plug and play".

Thank you for any help you can give me,
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]