DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Writing Drivers

Old 05-15-2005
Donald E. Sterling

Thumbs up XP Drivers For The SanDisk SDDR-12 (the only existing drivers for this device)

I recently purchased a SDDR-12 at a discount price. I found it on pricewatch.com and believe since it was the first listing by price that many others have purchased this device as well. The only problem I had with the SDDR-12 is that it wasn't supported by Windows XP. There were absolutly no drivers for it. The driver page for this device at sandisk.com noted that the 2000 drivers may work in XP, which they didn't. So I began searching through other drivers by other companies that use the same internal hardware to operate their similar devices. I found that the SCM Microsystems Inc. OEM5.INF file combined with the SanDisk EUSBMMC.SYS would allow the SDDR-12 to operate. Now I can copy and paste to and from the MMC. I can even run files from the MMC. The only support that these driver files lack is the ability to access the right click context menu for the drive letter as it appears in My Computer or File Explorer. You can access the right click context menu in the actual blank space in the drive windows to copy or paste, but when you right click on the drive letter itslef to format the drive or view advanced drive properties the system will crash and immeadiatly reboot. This is as far as I have gotten with the driving of the SDDR-12. As of now this is the only support for the Windows XP/SDDR-12 Combination. You will not find any other way to drive the SDDR-12 anywhere on the internet. If you are interested in this project you can get the files here: [url]http://clips.gotdns.com/Sddr-12.exe[/url] . Maybe you could help finish the last part of this driver for the Windows XP/SDDR-12 Combination. The only support it needs is the ability to access the right click context menu on the drive letter itself as it appears in My Computer or File Explorer.

P.S. You can format the drive, not by right clicking on the drive letter, but by going into CMD or Command.com and typing FORMAT X:

Let me know if you can help. Alot of people just bought this device from pricewatch.com and will be looking for the drivers.

Voice & Fax # 1 (xxx) xxx - xxxx

Donald E. Sterling

AIM: divinepyriel
MSN: [email]noemailaddys@allowed.com[/email]
Yahoo: donaldsterling
Sponsored Links

Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]