DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Imaging (scanners, digital cameras, ...)

Old 08-12-2010

Diptheriablues is on a distinguished road
Default Silly question- I have the driver...how do I install it?

I download the driver .exe for my digital camera to my desktop- I run it. It says it's modifying/repairing the original installation (which did not provide the driver correctly). The camera is recognized by the computer but won't pick up on the fact that I've just run the driver. No luck there.

I disconnect the camera and re-connect it. I am prompted to find the driver, which I do manually by selecting the Desktop- where the driver .exe is saved. It says, 'No Driver Found'- no luck there, either.

So, I have a working camera, a supposedly genuine driver, the install disk the camera came with (also in fine condition)- but no life between them.

Help, please!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Silly question- I have the driver...how do I install it?

Don't allow the system to automatically search for the driver. Stop or bypass that part and then manually install the driver.

When in doubt, read the instructions.

I don't know what kind of camera you have because you didn't bother to say.

I don't know what driver you're using because you didn't bother to say.

Is the driver self-extracting, then self-installing or is it actually just an installer program that writes files to folders and modifies the registry? What happens when you launch the EXE file?

During installation, are you prompted to connect the camera? Are you plugging the camera in before or during installation?

What is the interface and what is your OS?

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-13-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2010

Default Re: Silly question- I have the driver...how do I install it?

My apologies, in the realm of camera drivers, I figured this problem might have a universal solve. I, unfortunately, have only the camera and the disk it came with.

The camera is an Oregon Scientific 6628, a mini cam about the size of a credit card. I'm using a Compaq Presario with Windows Vista.

The driver is found on this site as '1_multipart_XF8FF_2_6628_193_WIN_NR.exe'

The driver, when run off the desktop, acts like it came to me on the disc. It asks if I would like to change/repair the installed option or uninstall it completely. I choose 'Repair/Change', it opens a wizard, runs a script that looks like it's installing (and I can't see to where, inconveniently) and then finishes like a normal installation. I try to enable the camera through the device manager and it tells me I need to find the driver. I tell it where to look (in all the possible folders the driver made itself available to) and then it says it's unable to get the driver.

The camera is connected while all this is taking place and its display reads normally (battery charging, how many pictures are queued, etc.)

I plugged the camera in once the original installation (from disk) was finished only to find this problem. I left it plugged in while I attempted to utilize the driver found on this site.

Thanks for responding!
Old 08-13-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Silly question- I have the driver...how do I install it?

First, uninstall all software relating to the camera using the Add or Remove Programs icon in Control Panel.

Next, check to insure there no remnants of any references to it in the registry. Also check under \Program Files\folder relating to the camera to insure there is no folder or files within the folder. If there are any, delete those files including the folder name. If you have a registry cleaner installed, try running it instead of editing the registry manually.

Try leaving the camera disconnected. Install driver (at any point during installation, if you're prompted to plug the camera in, do so). Otherwise wait until the install is finished and during reboot, plug the camera in before Windows gets to the desktop. Repost with results.

I found the file you mentioned and there's also a user manual posted. You might want to download and examine it before doing anything.

1_multipart_xF8FF_2_ds6628_193_WIN_NR.exe (4.1 MB., driver)

[url]http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=735561[/url]

English_20DS6628.pdf (877.2 KB., User Manual/documentation)

[url]http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=735594[/url]

Note: Your original install disk should have instructions for installing the driver in a pdf, html, or txt file.
If it doesn't then read those posted on driverguide.com (link above).

Also please answer my previous question: What is the interface, USB, Serial, PCMCIA, other?

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-13-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2010

Great, I will try that.

The OS- is that not Vista? If that's not it, I'm not sure and the computer didn't exactly come with a manual, itself. We got it as a floor model from a circuit city or something for really cheap. Not to say that it's crummy, it's run other cameras before, just not this one.
Old 08-13-2010

Quote:
What is the interface, USB, Serial, PCMCIA, other?

It's a USB connection.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]