DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Imaging (scanners, digital cameras, ...)

Old 12-17-2009

ZZZRSC is on a distinguished road
Default Xp Dell 922 Aio Driver Problem Scan

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with a Pentium 4 Processor 540 3.4 GHz with HT Technology and 1 MB Cache also it has a 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz and runs XP Pro. I have all the original discs from when I bought it in 2005. I had to do a repair install of Windows for a different problem (It was scanniing before the repair install) and after all the updates and patches and everything I found the printer works fine when I select print on the computer or printer, but it wont scan or fax.

If I try to scan or fax from either the printer or PC it will show the "All In One" window with the choices for scan, fax, etc. but then there is a smaller window that states "Scan was not successful". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software from my 922 CD several times without improvement. I have run SFC /scannow with no improvement. If I try to scan from either the PC or the printer, I instantly get the message I mentioned. My printer is on a virtual usb port as it always has been..

I also need to add that the Device Manager is showing an excaimation point for the AIO 922 with the message that " Windows can not start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19). Anyone have an idea what to do next?

Last edited by ZZZRSC : 12-17-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Xp Dell 922 Aio Driver Problem Scan

First, uninstall the AIO 922. Then before reinstalling the software for this device, use regedt32 and scan the registry for any instances of the AIO 922. Delete anything that the scan locks into. After finding and deleting the first instance, press the F3 button to resume the search.

Start, run, type regedt32, click the OK button. Edit, Find, type AIO 922 or AIO922 and begin the scan. F3 to resume search.

Before you begin, you might want to create a restore point or created a backup copy of the registry before making any changes. ie: file, export, then give it a name like todays date and remember where you saved it in case you need to restore using the backup copy.
Old 12-18-2009

Default Re: Xp Dell 922 Aio Driver Problem Scan

Thanks Jerry, I will wait until after Christmas so I won't ruin the Holiday.
Old 12-18-2009
Super Moderator

I forgot to mention that after you clean the registry of unwanted AIO922 references, be sure to re-install the AIO922 software. If you need further help, just let me know.
Old 02-18-2010

Hi Jerry,
I was able to remove everything in the registry related to the AIO 922 with one exception. When I reloaded the driver it still had a problem. The value I couldn't remove was:
MyComputer>HKeyLocal Machine>System>Current Control Set>Enum>USB>Vid_431c&Pid_5109>F4YXV51
In that file is Location Information REGSZ DELL AIO 922.

I don't know if that has any bearing on my problem. What would you suggest?
Old 02-18-2010

I finally got everything removed after unplugging the printer USB. But still have same problem with "Scan was not successful" message. I forgot to mention that when I reinstalled the AIO 922 Drivers and Utilities there was a point where the magnifing glass was looking for a scanning application for a long time and then disappeared (possibly without finding one).
Old 02-18-2010
Super Moderator

The only thing I can suggest is to use the system restore to a point prior to the problem.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]