DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 95

Old 01-28-2004
iwouldlikeareply

Default installwin95withoutformattong

i would like to know how even if i could install win95 over itself without reformatting or i could del win95 and reinstall it probably?
Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2004
4 Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwouldlikeareply
i would like to know how even if i could install win95 over itself without reformatting or i could del win95 and reinstall it probably?

You can and it won't, do it from within Windoze. Click on Start - Run - Browse - D:\ (or whichever is your Cd drive or worse your floppy with the Win95 disk in) - Setup and away you go.

If as I suspect you are using an old machine, remember this, Windows 95 (contary to what Bill Gates says) runs on the top of Dos therefore if you delete and/or format your hard drive and your Win95 setup is on a Cd, you will lose access to your CdRom, then what are you going to do, you would be knackered (unless you have a boot disk with the Cd driver on).

Best advice: Go to the library and get a book on Windows and while you are there pick up a book on Dos (if you understand how Dos works, windows will be a piece of Pi**).

Best of luck.
Old 01-29-2004
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea

Simple, run SETUP.EXE from the install disk. If you're able to boot into Windows then be sure to close all running programs before starting install.
Reinstall will simply refresh system files and you will not loose exisiting programs or desktop settings.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]