DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > DOS

Old 02-04-2011

keerok is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Would I get into legal conflicts making a MS-DOS 6.2 bootdisk w/sound support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotti74
Well, I have just searched on this site for a SB Live/Live Value DOS driver and even found one. But ... the steps are veeeeery troublesome and take lots of time.

MS-DOS ... is virtually dead. It is not sold anywhere anymore, and w³ dot bootdisk dot com too contains lots of boot disks from older OSes - and it is still alive, apparently no legal threats (yet)!

So could I use my DOS knowledge from the past to help less experienced users by creating a custom MS-DOS 6.X boot disk they only need to write on a floppy disk, and upload it here on DriverGuide so the guys can enjoy their disk-based, classic original games again?
It would be great; but I have not the slightest idea about the legal situation in 2006 for MS-DOS ...

Probably not but as far as I know, True Sound Blaster cards only need the SET BLASTER line in autoexec.bat with the correct parameters. Here is a non-official guide to it.

[url]http://www.rinkworks.com/apogee/s/6.4.2.shtml[/url]
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]