DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 07-17-2008

bongsz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This might work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkgsg
PCI simple communications device = MODEM
Uninstall the modem from device manager.Reinstall drivers for PCI simple communications controller and pick have disk, point it to the modem drivers disk.When it finishes installing the drivers it will find the modem itself and install it.
it worked!! wow i cant believe it will actually install itself without downloading anything
Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2008

nork is on a distinguished road
Default Re: pci simple communications controller missing

Hi There
Not telling anyone what to do but here is what happened. I was repairing an older P3\celeron 1.0 gig cpu, chipset VT8604 and win xp pro legit version, lol. In the end the last thing for me to fix was this notice in dev mgr, the one being discussed here, "pci simple communications

No luck finding the mobo mfgr at all, not on mobo anywhere, tried various things like everest, sisoft sandra to ID the mobo, no luck.
So i went and downloaded the via hyperion set of drivers. That should take care of all \any missing chipset\mobo drivers. After doing that the notice in dev mgr was still there.
So i googled. I figured that if all the mobo drivers are good, even the onboard usb and video were good, then its gotta be one of the cards in the pci bus slot. The 2 items in this pc were a nic card and a modem. I uninstalled the pci simple etc notice in dev mgr, turned the pc off, took out the modem and problem solved, the message is gone in dev mgr and all seems well.
So those people pointing out that its something, perhaps a modem on the pci bus, were right. I didnt do anything except read some of this thread and some other bits of info on other web pages and there was so much talk about modems that i figured it might be that and it was.
So thanks for the help guys.
Thes forums are so great! All you have to do is have a bit of knowledge and access to google and it can make you look like a pro! Sometimes, that is, lol.
Old 04-13-2009

alfonso is on a distinguished road

April 13 2009 / Windows XP Pro
Most likely you formatted the hard disk and installed Windows XP without saving all the previous drivers of the old hard disk, so the new Windows installation cannot find some older driver. Or did you have or installed an old internal modem and therefore the new Windows installation doesn't reconize it?
Proceed as following:
1) Desactivate in the bios the 2 serial ports (com1 and com2).
2) Download and install the correct driver for your modem. (You may have to open the computer and look at the internal modem board to determine who is the manufacturer).
3) Stop, then restart the computer and verify in the Device Manager if the yellow error message "PCI simple communications controller missing" has gone, if not look for an other modem driver.
4) Reactivate the 2 serial ports in the bios, save the bios and restart the computer.

This method worked for me after searching for days to overcome the yellow error message after I installed a slipstreamed Windows XP Pro SP3. My main difficulties where finding the right old driver on the internet.
Old 05-21-2009

bchacko1 is on a distinguished road

I have DFM-560ES modem connected to my Windows XP system and i did a google search for this modem driver. Unfortunately google listed this junk site to me

and i was directed to a software by name DriverDetective.exe under the following path.
http://downloads.driverhq.com/DriverDetective.exe

I downloaded this junk software from a internet cafe and took it to my home to install the driver. When i started running DriverDetective.exe, during the

installation this software wanted another application by name dotnetfx.exe which it was trying to download from internet.

http://downloads.driverhq.com/Driver...q/dotnetfx.exe

What a junk software should this and the persons who maintain this site. I'm trying to get my modem to work by installing this and it is trying to download

another application dotnetfx.exe from the web site when there is no connection at all.

After this i again thought i will try another software from this portal and downloaded dgt2.exe from the following path.
http://ev1-2.driverguide.net/dgt2.exe
Even this software turned out to be another junk. I expected this to have all the drivers including the one that i'm looking for. But this application also turned out to be a hoax having few junk drivers.

I would suggest no one use this junk portal to download any software.
Old 05-22-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: pci simple communications controller missing

I'vr been telling members that for nearly 10 years. It's nice to see someone who knows about the junk. When using Google or any other search engine, almost all the links, produced by the search, results in a slew of those junk sites wanting you to download their software in order to download the driver. Stay away from the junk software as there's no telling what all kind of junkware/spyware you will be installing on your pc.

No software will replace the human brain.... ie: if you can't find the driver on your own, you really don't need a driver.

Last edited by Jerry K : 05-22-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-02-2010

Newbie2010 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: This might work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkgsg
PCI simple communications device = MODEM
Uninstall the modem from device manager.Reinstall drivers for PCI simple communications controller and pick have disk, point it to the modem drivers disk.When it finishes installing the drivers it will find the modem itself and install it.

Do you have any idea where can I get a modem driver (PCI simple communications controller) for Twinhead Efio 123A, WinXP? thanks.
Old 06-02-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: This might work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2010
Do you have any idea where can I get a modem driver (PCI simple communications controller) for Twinhead Efio 123A, WinXP? thanks.

I'm not silkgsg but I can help!

efio! 121A/123A/125A (Twinhead Laptop) Modem driver for Windows 2000 / Windows XP

Version: 3.20.3.0
Date: 02.June.2003
File name: efio_121a-123a-125a-modem.2k-xp.zip
File size: 5.54 MB.

Download links:

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...iverid=1716420
or
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/394279072/efio_121a-123a-125a-modem.2k-xp.zip
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]