DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Displays (graphics/video cards, monitors, cables, ...)

Old 12-17-2010

EricWilliamA is on a distinguished road
Default Laptop Video Augmentation

I am an intermediate/expert PC user that has been living in the world of desktops for the past 20 years or so (I got my first Turbo XP back in the 1980's) and I recently got a laptop as a gift from a family member. This is my first laptop, namely a Toshiba Tecra 8000 PII 266. The machine is built well for its day, but the video is not so hot. In fact, when I recently downloaded and installed Zuma Deluxe, the graphics were quite jerky and slow, albeit the game did run consistently without any interruptions. I reasoned that the problem is likely a graphics card issue and when I went to adjust the hardware acceleration issues, I was told (not to my surprise) that it wasn't going to happen since my PC did not meet the minimum requirements. I have had game-related graphics problems every since I started using this laptop (even when it was owned by the person who gave it to me). I understand that it has significant limitations, but I am going to try to work with it and get something to augment it in some way. Does anyone know of any hardware device that I can use to augment the graphics performance and besides adjusting the Windows swap file size or downloading newer drivers, what other settings should I attempt to adjust in the Windows environment?

Last edited by Jerry K : 03-05-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Sponsored Links

Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]