DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 01-15-2004
Denise

Exclamation sound card info (no sound after xp install)

If anyone could tell me what other options i have to find out what type of sound card i have in my IBM 600E laptop i would greatly appreciate it... I have been trying to get the sound working since we installed the Windows XP Professional on it.... i have exhausted all the knowledge base that xp gives you, i've checked the IBM site and went throught all their "tweeks" for xp, and still when i go to the control panel and check the sound.... it says there's no audio. I know it has one because it use to work... when i go into the device manager it show's 2 yellow !marks.
one under Ports(COM & LPT) Communications port Com1 and the second yellow! is under Sound,video and game controllers...Crystal WDM Audio Codec. When i check the properties on the Crystal WDM Audio Codec it tells me that the device can not start (Code 10) what ever that means.... and when i check the properties under the ports it tells me Windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems (code 43). I've tried trouble shooting both things and im still without sound. I also added the line CStateFlags.reg to the ?.. which i was informed that would help me... all that did was allow the laptop to make a beep when it reboots and when i push the Fn key and the pgup or pgdn keys.... i found that information on the IBM TP General Windows XP Supplement Files page.
I surley hope someone can help me....
ANY info would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2004
Unregistered

Default Still having problems?

I've also had alot of problems w/the IBM 600E, alot of troubleshooting required, unfortunately. The thinkpad has a DSP chip--digital signal processor--which doubles as audio & modem all in one.

Are you still having the problems below? Did you get it fixed? If not, I may be able to help. You can reply here, or better yet, send me an email--I don't check this forum very often, obviously.

[email]noemailaddys@allowed.com[/email]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
If anyone could tell me what other options i have to find out what type of sound card i have in my IBM 600E laptop i would greatly appreciate it... I have been trying to get the sound working since we installed the Windows XP Professional on it.... i have exhausted all the knowledge base that xp gives you, i've checked the IBM site and went throught all their "tweeks" for xp, and still when i go to the control panel and check the sound.... it says there's no audio. I know it has one because it use to work... when i go into the device manager it show's 2 yellow !marks.
one under Ports(COM & LPT) Communications port Com1 and the second yellow! is under Sound,video and game controllers...Crystal WDM Audio Codec. When i check the properties on the Crystal WDM Audio Codec it tells me that the device can not start (Code 10) what ever that means.... and when i check the properties under the ports it tells me Windows has stopped the device because it has reported problems (code 43). I've tried trouble shooting both things and im still without sound. I also added the line CStateFlags.reg to the ?.. which i was informed that would help me... all that did was allow the laptop to make a beep when it reboots and when i push the Fn key and the pgup or pgdn keys.... i found that information on the IBM TP General Windows XP Supplement Files page.
I surley hope someone can help me....
ANY info would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Jerry K : 03-31-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2004
Unregistered

go here to download updates from IBM for 600E after install of XP.
[url]http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&context=HWM2E&q1=Think+Pad+600E&u id=psg1MIGR-40062&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en[/url]

Solves:
(New) Support INTEL SpeedStep Processor Issue with 82440MX chipset and Soft audio/soft modem
(New) Solve Resource issue of PC Card
(New) Solve Utility installation issue on Microsoft Windows NT4.0 preload system

Make sure you read all the page and the instructions!
Old 03-31-2006
Unregistered

Default Re: sound card info (no sound after xp install)

Does anyone know what this 'Code 10' means?????
I have been on various websites and it seems that no 'experts' have any idea.
If we could sort this out maybe(??) we'll get an answer.
:-(
Old 01-28-2007

myeppliance is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
Designed for win95 16 bit system you will find a com port being used plus audio codecs an old and primal sound setup, disable the com port in xp, than restart or install a different OS, the xp apm is not the one from IBM nor does it support the config design, even deleting the com port and audio codec than scan for changes will allow sound to config but only till restart.
Old 01-30-2007

mtag2004 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Does anyone know what this 'Code 10' means?????
I have been on various websites and it seems that no 'experts' have any idea.
If we could sort this out maybe(??) we'll get an answer.
:-(
Old 02-01-2007

thecoolbean is on a distinguished road

did you install from scratch or install XP over some other OS. I own 3 thinkpad 600/E/X's and they are great little machine. They all work with 95 / 98 / me / 2k / xp.. and will even install Linux in a snap.

you should NOT need any drivers for the sound to work in a clean install of XP. The stuff about disabling a COM port is just wrong. you do not need to disable anything.

the 600X (pentium3) uses a Crystal SoundFusion sound card
the 600/E (pentium3) uses a Crystal WDM sound card

try hunting for those drivers. Good Luck!

- beane
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]