DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Optical Storage Drives (CDs, DVDs, ...)

Old 04-15-2012

CoreyRSA is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Acer Travelmate 6492 cd drive problems

Hi guys I have a travelmate 6492 with windows xp service pack 3 on and i am experiencing that problem where it does not show in my computer also does not read but it shows in device manager...I have run the regedt32 thing and deleted the registries as you guys say and have ininstalled the driver and rebooted but it just seems not to work. once it has rebooted it says cd/dvd detected installing then it never actually finishes by saying software installed properly or a problem occured.

Any clues
Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Acer Travelmate 6492 cd drive problems

First, you don't install an optical drive...... the OS does that for you automatically. Second, there is never notification of an optical drive being installed except for external USB drives. You failed to say if this is an internal IDE or SATA drive or if it's an external USB drive.

Please go to the CD/DVD Driver Request forum and read any of my posts for instructions on how to use a program called CDGONE and run it. After a reboot your drive should now be listed in "My Computer" and working properly unless it's a cratered drive or has a loose cable. Also, check in bios setup to insure the drive is properly enabled in the bios settings.
Old 04-15-2012

Default Re: Acer Travelmate 6492 cd drive problems

sorry it is a internal IDE drive I have downloaded that program and ran the editreg.reg as well. I have just checked the bios and it is showing there and is enabled, its a slimtype dvd a ds8a1p drive.

Last edited by CoreyRSA : 04-15-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2012

Default Re: Acer Travelmate 6492 cd drive problems

Alright turns out I didnt extract the files to my pc I just ran them from my usb and then there is no option when right clicking for merge. After copying I merged both files now im smiling. Thank you Jerry much appreciated.

Regards
Corey
Old 04-15-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Acer Travelmate 6492 cd drive problems

good deal, glad you got it going. Can you tell me where this editreg.reg file is located that you speak of?
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]