The beanbag emulation has to do with the remote control for the tv tuner card.
1. You need to copy irbus.in_ and irbus.sy_ from an XP CD (Pro SP2 seems to work, don't know about others) to the local computer. (Or download the file listed at the bottom of this post)
2. use command line (Start --> Run --> cmd.exe) to expand the files.
expand irbus.in_ irbus.inf
expand irbus.sy_ irbus.sys
3. In Device Manager, look at Beanbag Emulation Device's Properites --> Details --> Device Instance Id. Copy the displayed string.
4. edit the irbus.inf file, go to the [MicrosoftHw] section to add the line
Notice the strings after the comma should match what you had copied in step 3 above. Mine had some extra backslash and characters after MI_00, but they didn't seem necessary.
5. Save the edited irbus.inf file.
6. Back in Beanbag Emulation Device's Properties, under Driver tab, select Update Driver.
7. Don't connect to Windows Update
8. Choose "Install from a list or specific location"
9. Search for the best driver, include this location in the search (Browse to where you saved irbus.inf and irbus.sys)
10. Confirm a few prompts and you are good to go!
11. After installation, the device is called eHome Infrared Receiver Properties
If you get stuck or need additional info, please read the info presented in this HP forum thread:
If you need the 2 files mentioned above, you can download here: This file contains the following files: (needed to config the TV Tuner Remote Control)
Used on a HP Pavilion Elite m9080n desktop computer