DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > DriverScan Request Board

Old 06-09-2012

gigi123 is on a distinguished road
Default Drivers Needed

I reformatted my Dell Dimension 2400, I loaded the drivers from the Resource CD but still have the yellow ? by Ethernet Controller & USB Device. I went to Dell’s driver site entered my tag # 44CG051, the only Ethernet driver I can find is the one I already loaded, R64645. There were two Ethernet with the yellow ? when I loaded the NIC driver one went away and one stayed.
I have looked and surfed the net for two days without luck. Words alone can’t express my frustration. Can someone help me please?
Your help is deeply appreciated.
Gi Gi
Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Drivers Needed

I've never witnessed a company that wrote more than ONE driver for any specific hardware device on a computer. You must use the driver posted on the Dell website for this computer... there are no others to choose from. You must use the R64645.EXE (5MB) Broadcom file. The driver you thought was a 2nd. driver is not a driver.... it's a NIC diagnostics utility program to change default parameters for the card and to properly diagnose the card.

What does it say next to the extra flagged listing in Device Manager? What is it's hardware id string? (Available by finding and double-clicking the flagged hardware device, then click the Details tab, select "hardware id" and give me the hardware id string
that begins with "PCI\VEN", (1st./top line of text only).

[url]http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19[/url]

This is the direct ftp download link for this driver: [url]ftp://ftp.dell.com/network/R64645.exe[/url]
Old 01-11-2016

KelvinDenoy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Drivers Needed

Thank you, I want find is the one.
Old 08-03-2017

SimonMayers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Drivers Needed

The most important part is what items does your brother have at his location?. Most Dell computers have a recovery CD that includes the operating system and maybe the various other programs. He should also have a "Resource CD" which includes the drivers for the hardware that came from the factory. The drivers from the Resource CD need to be installed and that could be the reason for the display problem.
[url]https://driving-directionsmaps.com/[/url]
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]