DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 09-22-2012

mill1rbt2 is on a distinguished road
Default needing help involving ALC888S codec

I am trying to finally get my ALC888S audio controller with foxconn printed on the metal covering of the controller to work....everytime I have installed audio driver's like realtek's latest 2.70 audio driver's I still had the distorted audio....I have an asus Benicia IPIBL-LB motherboard and am currently on a windows 7 home premium 64 bit os the pc came with windows vista home premium 64 bit and worked when vista installed but not thinking to upgrade from the vista os to windows 7 I formatted :-/ and have had the distorted audio ever since...I googled the mobo and it says the chipset is an Intel G33 chipset and the audio codec is ALC888S with 7.1 channel hd audio...the pc is a hewlett packard possibly compaq and model number is a6620f.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: needing help involving ALC888S codec

You need to download the driver from the PC maker (not the motherboard maker or the chipset maker) since this is an OEM board. Use this link and input your HP/Compaq model number into the search box:

[url]http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html[/url]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mill1rbt2
the chipset is an Intel G33 chipset

What chipset is an Intel G33? Motherboards can contain several "chipsets".
Old 09-22-2012

Default Re: needing help involving ALC888S codec

I downloaded the original realtek hd audio driver from hewlett packard's website
that was made on october 19th 2009....then I downloaded the realtek hd audio driver from the same website that was made on october 28th 2009...both driver's are for windows 7 64 bit os and I noticed when installing both seperately I see the same thing....speakers not plugged in with a red arrow pointing down,headphones not plugged in with a red arrow pointing down,realtek digital output ready even though I don't have one of these,and realtek HDMI output default device with a green circle and checkmark even though I don't have an hdmi jack on my motherboard....where are the driver's in the exe for the speaker's? I have my insignia 2.1 speaker's plugged into the green jack and want the speaker's for sound I also notice when I put the speakers to my ear the right speaker has nothing and the left speaker has loud air with a tone but when I had installed realtek's 2.70 driver's the speaker's had a checkmark but audio was distorted
Old 09-22-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mill1rbt2
"where are the driver's in the exe for the speaker's?"

I don't understand your question.
Old 09-23-2012

sorry I mean when they made the drivers they made driver's that support all the jack/audio jacks right? but when I plug my 2.1 insignia speakers into the green audio jack the right speaker has nothing and all of the audio tone and air is coming from the left speaker....when I had realteks 2.70 drivers installed there would be audio but it would all come from the left speaker and be distorted....in the previous post I said I tried both the original and newer realtek drivers from hewlett packards website seperately and when I went to playback settings in windows the speaker icon had a red arrow pointing down and said "speakers not plugged in" but I have my speakers plugged into the green audio jack of the realtek intergrated audio controller at the same time it says "speakers not plugged in"
Old 09-23-2012
Super Moderator

The only thing I can't think of is you don't have the proper software settings for the audio. Go thru all those settings again and see if you can change it to where audio is coming equally from both speakers. Also, make sure the speaker plug is pushed all the way into the audio output jack on the back side of the computer.

Has it ever worked right since you've had it? Makes me believe that the jack on the speakers is the wrong type for the sound system in the pc. It should have 3 distinct connectors/contacts on it. 1 ground, 1 left speaker, and 1 right speaker.
Old 09-23-2012

it worked when I first bought the pc and with windows vista home premium service pack 1 64 os the audio was setup correct but I don't know which drivers were in the setup before I formatted....with no distortion or anything like that the audio controller worked perfect when plugged into the monitor or speakers....it's too bad they didn't give me any installation disc's when they sent the pc...right now i'm trying plugging in and out of the green jack and the orange C Sub/subwoofer jack with a spare altec lansing multimedia speaker I plug the lansing speaker into the orange jack with a green line in cable and then plug the insignia speakers into the green input on the back of the pc and when doing that speakers and headphones have a green circle with checkmark and oh the insignia speakers have a green painted plug on the end of their cable/cord which is wired to both of them maybe something will come out of this I will keep trying for now and wait to hear back from you.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]