DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 09-20-2012

sear_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Help me for my USB headset

My friend gave me a headset without driver. Both my desktop (Windows XP SP3) and netbook (Windows 7 Starter) could not install the device automatically. When I plug in to my computers, it can only report "Unknown device".

I tried to search it on the Internet, but could not find anything. And since it is not a good brand, I could not even find its official website for support.

The model is: ASY USB-308 MV.

Please help me to figure out how to make it work. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Help me for my USB headset

I found 4 different online sellers of this device and none of them list a driver disk with this product. That makes me believe that it doesn't require a driver and will work with the built-in support of the Windows OS and it's built-in programs.

What happens when you plug it into a working USB port (at the desktop)?

Try this: With the device plugged into a working USB port and powered on, open Device Manager, find and double-click the device (it may be listed under "Unknown Devices" if no driver has been installed), click the Details tab, select "hardware id" and give me the hardware id string that begins with "USB\VID", (1st./top line of text only). If it's not listed in Device Manager then that's proof that it doesn't require a driver.
Old 09-21-2012

Default Re: Help me for my USB headset

Thanks for your help. Here is what I got from device manager on my desktop (Win XP SP3):

USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&25047430&0&2

BTW, I tried "Driver Robot", which did not help in my case.

Last edited by sear_lee : 09-21-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-21-2012
Super Moderator

You have a problem with something on the computer. Those 4 ZERO's after "USB\VID_" and "PID_" should have numbers 1 thru 9 and letters A thru F. Device Manager is unable to identify the device. So try this:

1) Run the "fix it" from “Hardware devices not detected or not working” [url]http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems[/url]

2) Then lets refresh the USB Stack

a. Click start-Control Panel - System, Hardware, Device Manager –

b. Expand USB Serial Controllers - RIGHT CLICK on EVERYTHING and UNINSTALL all except the category itself.

c. REBOOT the computer. This refreshes the drive and the USB stack

Now check and see if the usb headset is identified with something besides zero's.

Last edited by Jerry K : 09-21-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-21-2012

Tried the "Fix it" link, and the website said the my operating system is not supported by "Fix it" at this time. So I downloaded it manually and ran it.

On the main menu, I chose to "Diagnose and fix Windows USB problems automatically". After diagnose, it could not find any problem with my computer. Message reads "We did not detected any problems and therefore no fixes were appliled".

Then I flushed USB ports as instructed, but the same problem appears.

The Windows XP is up to date. I did not have problem using USB ports for printer, flash drive, camaras, or external harddrive. I plugged in a flash drive (Kingston 4G), and it reads
"USB\VID_0951&PID_1603\20080125000000000000025 B".
Thanks!

Last edited by sear_lee : 09-21-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-21-2012
Super Moderator

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with your computer but at this time I don't know what else for you to try. See the "VID_0951" and "PID_1603" digits in the hardware id string you just posted? They have numbers in them and that's the same way your usb headset should read. When both sets are all zero's that means that device manager is unable to determine the hardware.

Has this device ever worked in the past? I suspect a bad headset.
Old 09-22-2012

Thank for your help anyways. I am not sure if this is working. Since my other laptop and netbook could not recognize it either with different OS, maybe it is in good condition.

Actually I don't really need it. Only it is the first time I touch some audio device using USB port, so try to figure out how it works.

Thank for your time and effort. Maybe the best way is to recycle it.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]