DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 03-20-2006
Unregistered

Default Re: problem with sound card (realtek ac97)

My problem is not with the sound card but how to use it. I can record, using my built in microphone on my laptop (I have Windows xp) BUT it stops at 60 seconds. How do I record for a longer period of time???? There doesn't seem to be any place to change the length of time.s

Last edited by Jerry K : 03-20-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2006
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I have realtek ac97 audio instaled on my cpu, and my audio, the sound effects and voice sound very strange, like it is in a very large room or something, if anyone has any idea please dont hesitate to email me at

thank you!

The problem most likely has to due with the game's EAX sound. Realtek drivers provide lousy EAX support. Either disable the EAX sound options within the game, or use nVIDIA nForce audio driver instead. The nVidia driver provide excellent EAX compatabliltiy and will most likely solve your sound problems.

[url]http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_audio_4.62_win2kxp.html[/url]
Old 10-27-2006

lanreoyewole is on a distinguished road

Hello,
i have a compaq presario 3200 desktop,i had to reformat my hardrive and since then i got no sound from playing cd or computer sound when booting too,I have installed the realtek 82801 AA AC97 sound card on my the Xp (from this site), when i try to play a song on my libbary in my media player 10,it says no audio mixer found and i dont find the realtek under the sound list in device manager (do i download direct 8.0), and after that what else. Some sounds (such as clicking sounds) I can hear, but no audio.Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?
Old 12-18-2007

sgtstumpy is on a distinguished road
Question Re: problem with sound card (realtek ac97)

I recently downloaded and installed Realtek Driver & Application Installation/Removal application Version A4.03 for Windows XP. I downloaded it from the Realtek website. The original problem I was hoping to fix was that after my PC came out of hibernation mode, my sound wouldn't work and when I streamed video it would go really slow and be like stop motion with no sound. I'd had to reboot my PC every time I woke it up to get the sound to work.
After I installed the driver program my speakers now emit a high pitched squeal before any sound file gets played, even for system alerts, and I can't figure out why.

Does any one know what I can do to fix this?

And does anyone else see the hypertext spam all over this site? Is that supposed to be there?
Old 05-09-2010

pablo_canada is on a distinguished road

I am having exactly the same problem as 'sgtstumpy'.

Is anyone aware on how to solve this problem? All stream videos (like youtube and all the others) i play (on any browser) are slow and with a strange sound (high pitched). When computer starts there is a again that strange high pitched sound. However, i am able to use skype, play mp3 in the winamp correctly and play divx files in the bsplayer correctly.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: problem with sound card (realtek ac97)

There's 2 different kinds of drivers, ie: generic and real. Always use the real drivers direct from your motherboard or computer maker, not the generic drivers from Realtek. That should give you the best drivers for your on-board sound chip.
Old 05-25-2010

Titicaca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
The problem most likely has to due with the game's EAX sound. Realtek drivers provide lousy EAX support. Either disable the EAX sound options within the game, or use nVIDIA nForce audio driver instead. The nVidia driver provide excellent EAX compatabliltiy and will most likely solve your sound problems.

[url]http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_audio_4.62_win2kxp.html[/url]

Man, I got lost under all that explanation. Thanks for this, it worked!
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]