DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Displays (graphics/video cards, monitors, cables, ...)

Old 08-04-2010

x_cristy_x is on a distinguished road
Default matrox vs s3

Hello there.

I'd like to know which video card performs better?
- Matrox Millenium G200 8MB
or
- S3 Trio3D/2x 4 MB

I know that the G200 has more memory but i'd like to know if the S3 chip would be faster than the Millenium G200. Both cards are AGP.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: matrox vs s3

I doubt you'll notice much difference in either card but I would test both. That way you'll know which (if either) is the best card. A pretty good simply test is to get online and start scrolling. You can usually measure the quickness of a video card with this very simple test. Another way involves loading a graphic intensive game and test to see which card delivers the best performance. Simply because of S3 struggling to stay afloat, I would bet my money on the Matrox card.

S3 isn't too strong in the support business, nether is Matrox. My personal preference is either ATI or nVidia cards.
Old 12-18-2010

matha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: matrox vs s3

I would advise him to go for Matrox. I have used both these cards and in my view both are good. But when it comes to performance Matrox is far better than S3. Another advantage of Matrox is that it is very fast. It has also got more memory. I think cost wise both are same.
Old 01-14-2011

x_cristy_x is on a distinguished road
Default Re: matrox vs s3

I had both cards when I opened this topic just wanted some opinions...I used the Matrox card for a while...but a while ago it won't start i get video card error BIOS beep code when i turn on that computer...and even when it starts dxdiag reports no Direct3D support....did something happen to that card? I'm using th S3 now but it's performance is a lot weaker...appreciate any response...thanks...
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]