For some unknown reason, the ATI video driver did not install properly. Install the driver listed below and your problems should be over:
Original - ATI® Mobility Radeon™ 9700/9200 Graphics Controller Driver
For the Sony Vaio VGN-S260 Notebook
File size: 19.92 MB.
File date: 10/18/2004
This utility installs the ATI® Mobility Radeon™ 9700/9200 graphics controller Driver (for Windows XP).
--> Important Notes <--
* During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
* To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs.
* The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
* It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
--> Download and Installation Instructions <--
1. Download the ATDVID-00610808-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double click the ATDVID-00610808-US.EXE
file to begin the installation.
3. At the "ATI® Mobility Radeon 9700/9200 Graphics Controller Driver for Microsoft® Windows® XP Setup" screen, click Next.
4. At the "License Agreement" dialog box, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree". Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. As the files are installed, these boxes will close automatically.
5. At the "Setup Complete" screen, select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now.", then click Finish to restart the computer.
6. After the computer restarts, the installation of the ATI Mobility Radeon 9700/9200 Graphics Controller Driver
The next time, please use our Driver Request Forum. It contains a form that you fill out that tells us important info like what OS your using. I'm assuming your OS is Windows XP. If it's different, you need to let me know.