DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Displays (graphics/video cards, monitors, cables, ...)

Old 08-27-2009

mikey1212 is on a distinguished road
Default computer turns on but no video

i have a compaq presario 5310us with a tr100 motherboard in it......the computer was working fine and then all the sudden i turned the computer on and there is no video.......the fans and cpu fan all turn on , but, there is no beeps or anything. like it aint even posting. this computer has onboard video on it. so i tried a pci video card in the slot and the monitor screen still does not come on. also, on the keyboard the numlock light flashes at a steady beat. ive tried clearing the cmos and new battery, new sticks of memory,other power supplies,other monitors as well and all to no avail. if anybody has some tips for me to what could be causing this i would greatly appreciate your advice. thank you for all of your help.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: computer turns on but no video

You must test the power supply first. If it's not working, nothing else will either. Next the motherboard must be tested. Take any cards out that are plugged into pci, pci-e, or agp slots, then retest. I worked on a HP 6xxxx series last week that did the same thing. When I pulled the Asus Falcon II tv card out, the pc returned to normal. I got on ebay and found a new identical card and when I installed it, everything was back to normal.
Old 08-28-2009

the power supply is not the problem because the computer powers on and everything......it just has no video because the monitor is not coming on. besides i tried 4 different power supply's and its the same with all of them....no video.....the cd-rom works.....the hard drive is spinning.....all of the fans are on.....but no video....and this is onboard video......not a pci video card.
Old 08-28-2009

and i bench tested it with just the motherboard on a piece of cardboard.....with just the power supply connected, memory and nothing in the slots where a pci card would go. and there still is no video. i mean i know a little bit about computers. just that im sure it isnt the power supply when everything else is getting power but the monitor has no video. actually i know alot about computers but im no expert.
Old 08-28-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

When you tried the add-on video card, did you disable on-board video in BIOS setup? Have you tested the monitor on another pc to see if it works?

Also check the keyboard to make sure no keys are stuck in the depressed mode.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]