Radeon 7000 and Vista...
I have an older computer which I upgraded to Vista 32 bit. I believe my video card is an ATI Radeon 7000.
Is there any driver for Vista that will support the Radeon 7000?
Windows has chosen to use a standard VGA video driver (vgapnp.sys) from Microsoft. I've used DriverDetective and it appears no other drivers are available. The standard driver works OK, except at 1280x1024 resolution. I'm using a Samsung LCD monitor. When I select the 1280x1024 resolution, the monitor reports incompatible settings and suggests a 60 Hz. refresh rate. I've tested with an old CRT and it works OK at this resolution. Though, I cannot determine the refresh rate. Also, when running XP (with ATI Drivers) this resolution works fine on the Samsung LCD.
On Windows XP:
* Manufacture supplied driver is used
* Refresh rate is selectable at 60 Hz.
* All resolutions work on my LCD.
On Windows Vista (32 bit)
* Microsoft driver is in use (vgapnp.sys)
* Cannot select monitor refresh rate; only "Use Hardware Default" is available.
* 800 x 600 @ 60 Hz. works on LCD
* 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz. works on LCD
* 1280 x 1024 does not work on LCD, but does work on a CRT monitor. (I can't tell what the refresh rate is)
Any suggestions to getting the higher resolution working on my LCD? When checking the Display settings, the Monitor tab doesn't allow setting the refresh rate; the only choice is to "Use the hardware default."
Thanks, in advance.