DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Displays (graphics/video cards, monitors, cables, ...)

Old 10-14-2008

garlick is on a distinguished road
Default HD 3450 ATI Graphics Card Audio Issue

I've been going back and forth with ATI tech support on this issue, but they don't seem to know what's going on, so I thought I would give it a shot over here.

This is my setup:

PL5D2-VM ASUS Mobo
Pentium D 840 Intel chip
Windows XP SP3 OS
Realtek ACL882 Audio chipset with latest drivers
HD 3450 ATI Graphics card w/512 MB memory
Catalyst 8.6 CCC

I'm trying to hook up my home theater system to the graphics card, as it has an HDMI pass through to my TV. I get picture through the system, and the HD3450 has an HDMI output, and supposedly supports HDMI audio out.

I've tried to install the Realtek ATI HDMI driver 2.03 but I always get, "no driver supported in this driver package."

I also have no option to select HDMI audio out on my sound control panel.

Also, I tried to install the HDMI driver before I installed SP3, that didn't work, so I installed a hotfix that was suggest by ATI, that also didn't work. On the suggestion it says that with SP3 you don't need the hotfix, so I upgraded. Still no love.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian
Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HD 3450 ATI Graphics Card Audio Issue

There's 2 different kinds of video cards. (1) ATI built and (2) ATI Powered. #1 is totally built by ATI... #2 is a card built by some other company but contains an ATI chipset. We need to determine which before we can suggest a driver (also you should say which OS you're running). However, drivers from ATI should work ok, but if the card was built by some other vendor/manufacturer, drivers should come from that vendor/manufacturer.

This is the Windows XP driver page from ATI for this product: [url]http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp[/url]

For display the PowerColor HD3450 has one DVI, one VGA D-Sub, and one S-Video connection to give the user a broad array
of options for hooking up the card to different displays. Since the card is a low profile card, the VGA connection is extended
with a flat ribbon cable located to the outside of the PCB. The HD3450 does not use an external power connector, it draws
all the power it needs from the PCI Express bus. Also, this card is Crossfire capable but does not use the bridge to
accomplish this. All Crossfire processing is done via the PCI express interface so that it can be used in conjunction with
the Integrated graphics of an AMD 7-series motherboard in a Hybrid Crossfire combination.

(With heatsink removed)

The HD3450 is designed as a next generation card supporting all of the newest techlologies and that it does well. This card is
not designed for the gaming market and you will not be playing games at those ultra high graphics, but it is great for movie
playback and running Vista's features.
Old 01-21-2009

lordisi is on a distinguished road
Question Re: HD 3450 ATI Graphics Card Audio Issue

Hi,
I am facing same problem. Does anybody solve this problem.
Please inform me how to resolve the problem.
My mail id is [email]no.email.addys@allowed.com[/email].

Last edited by Jerry K : 01-22-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]