DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > DriverScan Request Board

Old 05-30-2012

magusiss is on a distinguished road
Post [Premium Member] DRIVER NEEDED: (Standard USB Host Controller) Unknown Device (Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate)

Original config was Vista Home Premium according to the COA. Checked HP site which appears Vista x86/x64 and Win7 x86/x64 were supported on this machine however checking all 4 versions I was unable to find anyting of help. Tried several searches on Driverguide and even googled the Device ID. I have tried plugging into another USB Header on the MB not that i thought it would help. The device is an integrated USB Multi-Card reader.
Might just be tired but I'm stuck at the moment.. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Support Information

Device/Driver Information:
Device Description: Unknown Device
Manufacturer (Provider): (Standard USB Host Controller) (Microsoft)
Driver Version: 6.1.7601.17586 (06/21/2006)
Device Id: USB\VID_0000&PID_0000, USB\UNKNOWN
Other Hardware Ids: USB\UNKNOWN
Device Type: USB

Computer Details
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Computer Make: HP-Pavilion
Computer Model: RY875AA-ABA a6042n
Computer Profile: [url]http://pc.driverguide.com/zWup[/url]

Questions
Driver Needed Because (required): Upgrading OS, need a driver
Your Skill Level(required): Expert PC User
Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: [Premium Member] DRIVER NEEDED: (Standard USB Host Controller) Unknown Device (Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate)

If HP has nothing in the way of a driver, I'd assume that no driver is needed and that the device is plug and play in Windows OS.

VID 0000 is not a valid manufacturer code and PID 0000 is not a valid device id code. There should be numbers instead of the zero's.

Tell me what device(s) doesn't work on the machine. Also, have you done any Windows Updates since installing the OS?

Last edited by Jerry K : 05-30-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2012

magusiss is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Premium Member] DRIVER NEEDED: (Standard USB Host Controller) Unknown Device (Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
If HP has nothing in the way of a driver, I'd assume that no driver is needed and that the device is plug and play in Windows OS.

VID 0000 is not a valid manufacturer code and PID 0000 is not a valid device id code. There should be numbers instead of the zero's.

Tell me what device(s) doesn't work on the machine. Also, have you done any Windows Updates since installing the OS?

I expected the device should have been picked up and propperly installed by the OS. All devices working ok exept this one. So many cables; USB, Firewire, audio etc. running from front and back of the chasis to the MB and space is cramped, this one had been left unnoticed, unplugged. All service packs and updates are 100% current as of yesterday. The only updates left uninstalled were the language packs and the Bing update. Tried to use the front pannel device to read an SD card to find nothing happened. had to go back in and trace the lines to find it was not plugged in. hence the trouble started. though not a big issue. It may just be a bad device. I was given 3 HP machines and asked to try to get one working machine out of the lot. Surprised I got this far honestly. All the machines were in a poor state. Processors had been ripped out by the heatsink then attempted to forceably reinsert. Ie. major bent pins some flat at a full 90deg. 2 of the 3 processors lost pins while trying to straiten.. Anyway I think they will live if this is the only thing that doesnt work..

Thank you for your time and your response..
Ron
Old 09-30-2013
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: [Premium Member] DRIVER NEEDED: (Standard USB Host Controller) Unknown Device (Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate)

Er..... what is the device you are needing a driver for? Did I miss something?
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]