DriverGuide
English Portuguŕs Espa˝ol Deutsch Franšais 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7

Old 05-25-2010

Titicaca is on a distinguished road
Default Windows 7 widescreen problem

I just installed Windows 7 and I have a problem with the display.

I'm using a NEO B3230 laptop and installed the drivers on the NEO site, but the display comes out stretched sideways. I've tried to change the screen resolution, but there are only two available: 800 x 600 and one 1024 x 756 i think, both offers no help.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Windows 7 widescreen problem

Did you update the Video/Graphics adapter controller? If not, try that first. It very important to have a good driver for the video. It's more important than the monitor driver. Most Monitors and LCD Display controllers are plug and play in Windows os.
Old 05-26-2010

Titicaca is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Windows 7 widescreen problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Did you update the Video/Graphics adapter controller? If not, try that first. It very important to have a good driver for the video. It's more important than the monitor driver. Most Monitors and LCD Display controllers are plug and play in Windows os.

Hmmmn, I was able to download the drivers from the manufacturer's site but what they had was for Vista (my laptop came with Vista, but you know how Vista is, so I upgraded) They didn't have a driver for Windows 7, because it was supposed to be part of Win7 already?
Old 11-03-2010

Jude87 is on a distinguished road

Most drivers made for Windows Vista will work on Windows 7 one of the comps I have doesn't have windows 7 drivers on their site but I downloaded and used Vista and it works fine.

Hope this helps
Old 02-25-2012

warnerb is on a distinguished road

Window 7 has its own specific graphical user interface and its already well designed to work on it.
One of my friends had a problem of stretched screen but he fix that problem using window 7 graphics properties.Kindly check if those settings work for you.
Old 03-09-2012

jeffreyrogers is on a distinguished road

Running 64 bit at 1680x1050 with no problems. It automatically set it to 1680x1050. You might check in the monitor settings and sure that it is not set to a 4:3 screen size instead of 16:9 or 16:10. If your getting widescreen options but no 1680x1050 it might be set to 16:9 instead of 16:10.
Old 06-16-2012

VivianDesouza is on a distinguished road

It has something to do with the monitor settings. Just check, whether you can make changes.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]