DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > UNIX / Linux

Old 03-02-2009

herr faust is on a distinguished road
Default partition help

hi everyone i had some problems with my windows (as usual) so i decided to reinstall it again, the problem is that after i finished with the xp installer, i could not boot from linux again i mean it enters directly to the xp and i can't access my linux, i have a 100gb harddrive 60 linux and 35 xp aprox.

can someone please help me i'm desperate
Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2009

skorpion.91 is on a distinguished road
Post Re: partition help

Quote:
Originally Posted by herr faust
hi everyone i had some problems with my windows (as usual) so i decided to reinstall it again, the problem is that after i finished with the xp installer, i could not boot from linux again i mean it enters directly to the xp and i can't access my linux, i have a 100gb harddrive 60 linux and 35 xp aprox.

can someone please help me i'm desperate

hi,

you should only make active the linux partition with a Partitioner program since after the new installation the last partiton used was the one with windows and the system make active its.

In the other hand if you haven't experience with partition (don't worry ) you should only restore the boot loader that is the screen that appare when the PC starts up and able you to choose the OS tu lounch; so you should only repair your linux installation. For do it insert your linux cd and start the repair system installation so linux reinstall also the boot loader, often is gbub or lilo.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]