DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 11-13-2007

latenight is on a distinguished road
Default Problems on installing the MM card reader driver on Win98se

I only have had an EXE file to install the card reader driver....However, after the installation completed, i restarted the PC and the system started to find the driver but it asked me, the user, to locate the address of the driver....But i have no idea of where the dirver was being installed...Any ideas on how to possibly locate the driver being installed?....Wasn't the system supposed to locate it for itself?...
Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems on installing the MM card reader driver on Win98se

That's not normal for an installation file. It should have installed the driver and not asked you to installed it a 2nd time.

Has this driver worked previously?

Is it the correct driver for the device and OS?

I don't know if it would help, but you might want to make mention of where the driver came from or where it's posted.

Locating the "address" of a driver is not the same thing as locating the "path" of the driver. Can you explain that term? It would appear that the driver should match the location of the EXE file but not sure what the term "address" means. Normally "address" means the url of where the driver resides on a website page.

Note: EXE files can be in two formats:

1: when launched it can expand files to a temporary specified or default location of the hard drive. From there is can be installed automatically or can be manually installed depending on how the instructions were written.

2: when launched, it will write files to the proper folders, make registry adjustments/additions, build a desktop icon, add the program to the start list, and other functions, again still dependent on the install instructions written by the author.

Last edited by Jerry K : 11-15-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-15-2007

Well, the system me to locate the "path"(not address, sorry) of the file manually...It's ENE UB6220 V.1.05.03 SetUp file as i've noticed of when i installed it today...And i finally found out the driver did show up in the list of applications in Add/Remove box in My Computer/Control Panel....Does it mean the driver has been installed?...But i just couldn't know where it locates...Now, as i've plugged in the card reader everytime i turn on the PC(Win98se OS), the system would start to ask me to locate the driver, etc., etc...But i just couldn't know where it was located...
Old 11-16-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Use Windows Explorer and look for it. It can't be that hidden. Program files are normally written to the following folder: C:\Program Files or C:\

Did it add a listing to the START MENU? Did it place an ICON on your desktop or taskbar? Find a listing for it and right click it, then click properties. That will tell you the path.

You say it created a listing in the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS so it's on the hard drive.

Does the hardware work?
Old 11-17-2007

I could only find the Uninstall located in Start Menu and the Setup.exe in C:\Program files...No the driver file was ever found... Is the driver's file extension *.DRV or something like that?...

A user commented on that that he couldn't find the driver as well, as follows:

Barry ONeill
(bazil <at> eftel.com.au) 2007-01-17 09:43:04 Does anyone know where I can find driver for UB6225 card reader for Windows98. Websites suggest that it should operate without the need for a specific driver but system cannot locate driver file from O/S disc.

Last edited by latenight : 11-17-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]