DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Modem / ISDN Request Board

Old 03-23-2007

Obsolesce is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Gateway Gateway MX 8711 Notebook (purchased January) (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

I am a certified computer tech at a local pc repair shop. A customer brought in a Gateway MX 8711 Notebook loaded with Windows Vista. She bought a copy of Windows XP Home and had us remove vista and install XP Home. The Gateway website has all the drivers for this notebook, but they are all ONLY for vista.

I've managed to find all the drivers elsewhere for this notebook except the Integrated Modem driver, which shows up as PCI Device in Device Manager.

I have talked to gateway live chat multiple times to acquire as much information about this integrated modem as possible. Turns out they have no clue about anything really.

I have been searching for this PCI Device modem driver for a few days now and I cannot continue to search endlessly. I talked to the customer today and explained the situation and told her it might be another day or two before I can get ahold of this modem driver. She needs it because she uses dial-up. I would rather not have her purchase a USB modem. But as a last resort, I may have to.

Most if not all the internal components are Intel from what I've been gathering. I've already tried tens of modem drivers to no success. I am getting extremely desperate now so I can get this notebook back to the customer.

Any help on locating an XP Home driver for this modem would be greatly appreciated.

Laptop info:
Gateway MX8711
Mobile Intel 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family (i think)
Windows XP Home edition ( Vista original OS )
Intel components

Support Information:
Device Type: Modem / ISDN
Manufacturer: Gateway
Model: Gateway MX 8711 Notebook (purchased January)
Interface: PCI / ISA
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 6 months old
FCCID:

[url="http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=srch&sm=b&aax=&qa6=424&qa5=10&qa7 =1500&dp=0.5&qm0=Gateway+MX+8711+Notebook+%28purch ased+January%29&jmd=and&fzz=d"]Find it on DriverGuide[/url] | [url="http://www.google.com/custom?client=pub-4727129938051271&forid=1&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&flav=0001&sig=t06hRycrxd-fw_05&q=Gateway+Modem+%2F+ISDN++Gateway+MX+8711+Notebo ok+%28purchased+January%29+Windows+XP+Home+"]Find it with Google[/url] | [url="http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=getinfo&companyid=424"]Research manufacturer Gateway[/url]
Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2007

Obsolesce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Gateway Gateway MX 8711 Notebook (purchased January) (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

Nothing found yet?
Old 03-25-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Gateway Gateway MX 8711 Notebook (purchased January) (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

Only Gateway can help you. If they can't (and it appears they can never help anyone in need) I'd say your modem driver is going to be very difficult to come by. Sell them an external modem and put that one in the past. Then learn to tell a customer when they want to make such a drastic change they may be force to buy new hardware.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]