DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 08-22-2009

rofflewoffle is on a distinguished road
Default Issue with BEFCMU10 v3 Linksys driver download

The link to the file is here: [url]http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action=download&driverid=182963[/url]

I downloaded the files and unzipped it, but the problem is that the only things located in it are two .sys files, a .exe uninstaller (not installer), an .inf file, and a .cat file. I have no idea what to do without an actual installer for the modem and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Vista 64bit, for reference purposes.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2009

Steve_dux is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Issue with BEFCMU10 v3 Linksys driver download

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofflewoffle
The link to the file is here: [url]http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?action=download&driverid=182963[/url]

I downloaded the files and unzipped it, but the problem is that the only things located in it are two .sys files, a .exe uninstaller (not installer), an .inf file, and a .cat file. I have no idea what to do without an actual installer for the modem and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Vista 64bit, for reference purposes.

1) I'm going to suppose some things that I hope you already know. That you already have a driver for it and that it shows up in the 'device manager'. Here's a copy from the help files
To update or change the driver used for a device

Open Device Manager.

Double-click the type of device you want to update or change.

Right-click the device you want, and then click Update Driver.

Follow the instructions in the Update Driver Software wizard.

Just point it to where you put the folder the files are in! If this is not the case then try below.
------------------
2) Right click the inf file and select 'install' then do a hardware install from 'Control Panel' and follow the wizard and point it to where you have the files. Windows will do the rest. Then I usually do a restart and then try it.
Hope this helps!
Old 08-22-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Issue with BEFCMU10 v3 Linksys driver download

You must use Add New Hardware (in Control Panel). Launch it and when it comes to a screen with a "Have Disk" button, click it, then when you're prompted for a driver redirect the installation to look in the folder where the installer files are located. Once that step is finished, you will be presented with one (or more) hardware devices to choose from. Select the one that matches your hardware and resume.

Note: The installer is looking for the INF file present in your driver files. It will automatically see the INF file once you tell the installer to look in the folder where your driver files are located.
Old 08-22-2009

rofflewoffle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Issue with BEFCMU10 v3 Linksys driver download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
You must use Add New Hardware (in Control Panel). Launch it and when it comes to a screen with a "Have Disk" button, click it, then when you're prompted for a driver redirect the installation to look in the folder where the installer files are located. Once that step is finished, you will be presented with one (or more) hardware devices to choose from. Select the one that matches your hardware and resume.

Note: The installer is looking for the INF file present in your driver files. It will automatically see the INF file once you tell the installer to look in the folder where your driver files are located.

Thanks. Greatly appreciate the help. Now I actually know how to install these files
Sadly, it's incompatible with Vista so I guess I was screwed either way.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]