DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 01-29-2005
conexant

idea aka rockwell

software modems require controller
for driver with my name on it go to rockwell/connexant.com and download the generic HCF...!
Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2005
Unregistered

Question pci simple communications controller

i have this pci simple communications controller that is wanting me to download it but dont know where it came from. it started after my kids put an aol disk in. i have cable internet. im still able to connect to the internet, and everything seems to be working properly. just would like to get rid of this deal asking me to downloadit. any suggestions. email is [email]noemailaddys@allowed.com[/email]
Old 01-12-2006
Unregistered

Question Re: pci simple communications controller missing

I have a similar problem but it is with a netgear usb wireless adapter it is connected to a computer that the motherboard has been replaced and the the device works on another machine i have uninstalled the drivers disconnected it and reinstalled windows xp pro on it i have installed all the drivers for the card and setup a good wireless network and it is still not working i think the driver for the pci communications controller is incorrect or giving the computer wrong info
Old 01-17-2006
hearhere

idea Re: aka rockwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by conexant
software modems require controller
for driver with my name on it go to rockwell/connexant.com and download the generic HCF...!
if you don't want to use AMR/PCI/NCR modem, remove it!
if you don't want to use 'on board' one, turn it off in BIOS!
deinstall all modems (No Driver is better than WRONG one!)
Old 01-06-2007

sunraysiapainter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: pci simple communications controller missing

Hi There - now I am totally confused
My pc was working just fine. I disconnected it and cleaned the room it lives in. Reconnected and I get this 'found new hardware' message and a request to find the driver for 'pci simple communications device'. Everything works just as it did so it appears to be non-essential but very annoying everytime I turn on the PC. I have read this is a modem issue - but the modem works fine and someone says it is not. Could it be the mother board? Maybe? Turn something off in BIOS??? Over my head...so...is there somewhere a driver to install to resolve this issue or do I need to understand better the phantom device my computer suddenly wishes to install? (running windows xp) I say phantom because I have absolutely no idea what device it is - especially since all worked well before I dusted this room. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2007

sunraysiapainter is on a distinguished road

I think I found it - nope - I didn't...still looking for an answer.

Last edited by sunraysiapainter : 01-07-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-03-2007

yallaen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunraysiapainter
Hi There - now I am totally confused
My pc was working just fine. I disconnected it and cleaned the room it lives in. Reconnected and I get this 'found new hardware' message and a request to find the driver for 'pci simple communications device'. Everything works just as it did so it appears to be non-essential but very annoying everytime I turn on the PC. I have read this is a modem issue - but the modem works fine and someone says it is not. Could it be the mother board? Maybe? Turn something off in BIOS??? Over my head...so...is there somewhere a driver to install to resolve this issue or do I need to understand better the phantom device my computer suddenly wishes to install? (running windows xp) I say phantom because I have absolutely no idea what device it is - especially since all worked well before I dusted this room. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

After repeated problems with my Gateway computer, they sent me a replacement computer "refurbished". When I first got it, I had this PCI Simple Communications conflict as well. My DVD and DVD/CD-Rom drives were not showing up as well. Well, overnight, something happened, because my drives now show up...but the conflict is still showing up. I can get on the 'net via cable modem no problem. My DVD devices seem to be working, as do my memory card slots. I dont use the modem, so I may just remove it and see what happens. Oh, and Gateway tech support blows..they gave me a link to update my chipset with the driver attached, but the link doesnt work.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]