DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows Vista

Old 06-26-2007

gwible is on a distinguished road
Question IPX/SPX Protocol for Vista Home Basic

Hi, I am running Vista Home Basic and can't get some of my older programs (mainly games) to run as they require IPX protocol. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

P.s. I also own a copy of Home Premium but found it had too many glitches for my liking at this time.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2007

duel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IPX/SPX Protocol for Vista Home Basic

heya

I've got this same problem myself. Just bumping the thread to see if anyone may have any ideas now and to say I'll post a solution if I manage to find one.

Cheers
Old 08-07-2007

XweAponX is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Yer problem is that yer using Vista, for one thing

I think you install the NWLINK Netbios drivers, it includes IPX/SPX in the bundle. If not... Well, delete Vista and install XP MCE, which is what everyone does.

Honestly, out of a hundred people I know of thaty bought computers with Vista on it... Maybe 3 of them actually kept vista.

The other thing is, Home Basic might now have the protocol. I am pretty sure that Vista Ultimate does though.

All you have to do to get Vista Ultimate Ed is to use your Vista Install DVD - use it to UPGRADE. When it asks you for the product ID, just keep it blank.

Then, you have three options: You can BUY Vista UE for 400 bucks if it still costs that much, or you can use it for 30 Days, or, you can get that popular Vista xxxxx that keeps it at 30 days, or, you can get the newest Vista xxxxx that actually gives you a validated, working Vista UE.

I really dont care... All I know is, Vista has made me a lot of money so far... Just by all the uninstalls and XP installations I have done in the last 6 months.

Edit by mod: We don't allow discussion of cracks. take it somewhere else. thanks to you, this thread is closed.

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-07-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]