DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows Vista

Old 03-04-2009

Premium Member

RedOnTheHead is on a distinguished road
Default Re: driverguide toolkit - vista64 support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbyem
I have just downloaded DriverGuide Toolkit, but on attempting to run it, I received the following error message : "Server busy. Try again later". I repeaed this several times with the same result. Perhaps I also have a problem since I am running Vista Home Premium x64 on my HP dv9820us Pavilion laptop. Must I complete the "personization" process before I can run DriverGuide Toolkit? I have been trying to operate my VuPoint FS-C1-VP 35 mm scanner under Vista 64, after having done so successfully with my previous ACER laptop with WinXP SP3. The elusive file, missing from my Driver folder under C:\Windows\System32, is OVTFBoot.dll. I have been unable to locate a copy for downloading from any source. Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks, in advance. Arbyem

I too have run into the same problem with Vista Home Premium x64 with the Server busy and I also get an error on the scan saying that %1 is not a valid WIN32 application. Did you ever get a response on this from someone in their support group? I also sent an email but have not heard from them other than the cursory please look for driver updates in our database since we can't get to all of you.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: driverguide toolkit - vista64 support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbyem
I have just downloaded DriverGuide Toolkit, but on attempting to run it, I received the following error message : "Server busy. Try again later". I repeaed this several times with the same result. Perhaps I also have a problem since I am running Vista Home Premium x64 on my HP dv9820us Pavilion laptop. Must I complete the "personization" process before I can run DriverGuide Toolkit? I have been trying to operate my VuPoint FS-C1-VP 35 mm scanner under Vista 64, after having done so successfully with my previous ACER laptop with WinXP SP3. The elusive file, missing from my Driver folder under C:\Windows\System32, is OVTFBoot.dll. I have been unable to locate a copy for downloading from any source. Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks, in advance. Arbyem

Viewpoint download page:
[url]http://www.vupointsolutions.com/downloads-drivers.asp[/url]

Here's a few threads with info that might help:

[url]http://www.vupointsolutions.com/PS-C500-VP-FAQ.asp[/url]

[url]http://www1.epinions.com/review/National_Geographic_VuPoint_35mm_Film_Scanner_1073 545/content_409421450884[/url]

[url]http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/626156-vupoint-solutions-film-scanner.html[/url]

[url]http://www.thegreenhead.com/2007/06/slide-negative-to-digital-picture-converter.php?page=5[/url]

And I found this info on another site that might help:

Quote:
OK ya must be trying to install into Vista? anyway whats happening is ya NOT using Admin mode... and that DLL isn't being allowed to be put in the system32 dir... so disable UAC open admin prompt and find it, & copy .. so after ya install find the DLL on the install media .. then copy and paste it to ya windows\system32\ dir.. register it if required should be all good.

Better still install properly with admin rights and such. GL
Old 07-27-2009

Premium Member

rick_urquhart is on a distinguished road

Yes, I just bought DGT at 1/2 price and installed it. Only now do I see that I get the error = Automation error%1 is not a valid win32 application. the first message on this topic in this thread is about 2 years ago. So no one is replying. I do not know where to go to ask a question. Looks like my money and the software is useless on my Vista 64 bit O.S. Is this the consensus?
Rick Urquhart
Old 07-27-2009
Super Moderator

I've asked administration for help on this problem. I will post the results asap.
Old 08-12-2009

Premium Member

IronMatrix is on a distinguished road

I also purchased the DriversGuide Toolkit just like the rest of you, with same error messages. I've tried contacting support, but to no avail. They take your money and after that their attitude is "screw-You". They tell you how great their software is when actually it's just a scam to take your money. They don't actually even have a support dept. They just try to defer you by saying you should just run a search to find the correct driver. Which in itself is a joke since the DriverScan doesn't work either. If the software does not work on Vista x64 they should tell you that upfront in big bold letters, so that you don't waste your time or money on useless software. Here is the email I received from suppport in response to my support inquirey as to why DriverGuide toolkit was not working and could I get a refund:......

["Thank you for your recent email.

While we review all submissions, and use your feedback to improve our site, it is not possible for us to respond to everyone's questions or comments.

If your comment here is simply to ask for a specific driver that we do not have on our system, please refer to the appropriate driver request forum at [url]http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=drvreq[/url].

Thank you for your support.

~DriverGuide staff ] I'm assuming, after reading their response that this is an automated response, thus showing that they don't actually have a support staff as I contended earlier. It's more like, give us your money, and if you have problems....go somewhere else!!!

Last edited by IronMatrix : 08-12-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-14-2009
Super Moderator

idea Re: driverguide toolkit - vista64 support?

The driverguide.com staff is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. It happens on only some x64 systems, so they are adding code to detect and fail gracefully when this problem occurs. They hope to have something out within the next 5 days.

driverguide.com administration

and btw, when they tell you to use the search feature to find the needed driver, they're not referring to DriverScan. They are referring to the [url="members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=search&sm=e&qtxs=ndz&from_ums=1"]Driver Search Wizard,[/url] which works very well. It will absolutely find any driver(s) posted in our driver database (in less that 5 seconds).

I personally don't use any kind of junk "driver finding software" regardless of brand or type. I know how to find drivers on my own.... I would never depend on some software to find a driver that I need. Goggle search engine (or your favorite search engine) and the manufacturers website are the 2 best absolute methods to find a driver. If you can't find what your looking for, post a request in our request forum.

And for a freeby driver finder (as well as hardware identification), [url="www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml"]Everest Home Edition[/url] is hard to beat.
Old 09-19-2009

Premium Member

rick_urquhart is on a distinguished road

5 days would have been about August 19, 2009. It is now September 18th, 2009?
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]