English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 06-28-2004
Exclamation MOH and Broadcom, Broadxent, Creative Broadxent

If you have a Broadcom, Broadxent (a Creative company), Creative Broadxent "BroadXent DSI V.92 PCI, Di3631 V92" modem and are having problems with "Modem on Hold" there modems no longer user the BVRP. NetWaiting program for MOH. The latest driver from DELL and Creative use the new MOH program but creative does not have a notice of this on their download page. It just says "For more information, please refer to the README.TXT file included." Check the readme.txt file included with the driver your using.
If it says this;
""""After install the modem, restart Windows,
otherwise program ESSSPK.exe will not execute for V92 MOH and Initiate Call
You need to uninstall the NetWaiting Program and use the program included with the driver for Modem On Hold.
[url] V.92+PCI&OSName=Windows+XP&driverlang=1033&OS=10&d etails=1[/url]
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2004
Default tried your suggestion

I tried your suggestion downloaded the DELL version. When I tried to install it, The install shield would not recognize the Broadxent Di3631.

Any other suggestions?

Maybe a universal driver

Old 07-27-2004
idea Broadxent Di3631

ESS modem chipsets are being Branded by Conexant, Broadcom and Broadxent.
The DELL modem is a branded Broadcom modem and may not be the same ESS chipset used in the Broadxent Di3631.
I know the Creative DI3631 modem is the same ESS chipset as the Broadxent Di3631.
Broadxent downloads have not worked in a long time. You can try the Creative driver DI3631WXPDrv.exe
This file is listed as an XP driver but the readme file indicates it works with;
"Data/Fax/TAM Modem is fully Compatible with Win98SE/WinME/Win2000"
[url] V.92+PCI&OSName=Windows+XP&driverlang=1033&OS=10&d etails=1[/url].

ESS generic drivers;

Note; you may have to manually start the ESSSPK.exe MOH program and set to start when Windows starts.
Old 09-11-2007
Dino1956 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MOH and Broadcom, Broadxent, Creative Broadxent

I too have the BCM Modem with the latest Driver Update and my Modem On Hold does not work either. I have no Netwaiting Installed on my PC. It just does not pop up ANY calls. I'm running Vista Premium. The MOH Applelet is in my Startup & checked but I see no sgn of it in my System Tray. I uninstalled & reinstalled (driver mentioned above) & it still gives me nothing. Help ! Thanks..
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]