DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 06-06-2006

marti is on a distinguished road
Default Problem installing Sigmatel AC'97 audio driver

Hi,
I'm trying to install Sigmatel AC'97 audio driver but when I'm installing appear a popup with the message "Device object not present, restart computer and run setup again"
I restart the computer and run segup again but it don't work anyway.
Could someone help me please? thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2006

biosboss is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Problem installing Sigmatel AC'97 audio driver

your device has to be detected by the OS before the driver install.
AC97 is an onboard device (close enough) and the swith is in the BIOS setup. Turn it on and see what happens...
Old 04-18-2007

sharna17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem installing Sigmatel AC'97 audio driver

Hi,
I accidently deleted the sigmatel audio driver from my change or remove program on my toshiba latop and now i have no sound on my computer. I found the folder it would of been place in and it was called "Sigmatel AC97 Audio Driver" and theres nothing in there so I tried downloading it of the net and everytime i do it it keeps coming up with "Device Object not present, restart computer and run setup again" and then i read that i was having the same problem as "marti" (above) so i tried looking for the BIOS setup and coudnt find that either. I really confused and dont know what to do please help.
Old 11-22-2007

papas home is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem installing Sigmatel AC'97 audio driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharna17
Hi,
I accidently deleted the sigmatel audio driver from my change or remove program on my toshiba latop and now i have no sound on my computer. I found the folder it would of been place in and it was called "Sigmatel AC97 Audio Driver" and theres nothing in there so I tried downloading it of the net and everytime i do it it keeps coming up with "Device Object not present, restart computer and run setup again" and then i read that i was having the same problem as "marti" (above) so i tried looking for the BIOS setup and coudnt find that either. I really confused and dont know what to do please help.

Hey Sharna17: I too have just managed to delete my sigmatel audio driver from my Toshiba laptop and still can't figure out how to fix this problem. How did you fix your problem? I have read these posts and many more but still can't fix my problem. Any help would be appreciated!---having no sound sucks!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]