DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 01-09-2006
Tom

Exclamation Problem with Ali 5273 USB 2.0 Controller

Hello! I need help!
I have a problem now with this card... I know that it should service USB 1.1 devices, as well as usb 2.0. But at the moment I can use only my USB 2.0 pendrive... camera, printer, classpad... not working. It seems that card cannot see devicec other than Usb 2.0. What should I do??? Im changing drivers all the time, looking for best, but it is not helping!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Problem with Ali 5273 USB 2.0 Controller

Are we talking a Windows XP machine? If so you should not be changing any drivers. USB 2.0 is native to Windows XP when Service pack 1 or 2 is installed. No other support for usb is required.

Now to your problem of camera, printer, classpad..... these may not be automatically supported by the Windows XP os. Do you have drivers installed for each device? If not, I would suggest you do so AFTER you have made sure the usb ports are working properly. Check Device Manager to insure they are before doing anything else.
Old 01-11-2006
Tom

Default Re: Problem with Ali 5273 USB 2.0 Controller

Im running Windows XP. Drivers are installed properly... if I try with my motherboards ports everything is as it should. Even without installing additional drivers for this controller (using only Windows drivers) its not working. Only Usb 2.0 devices are working... it cannot see Usb 1.1 at all!
Old 01-11-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Problem with Ali 5273 USB 2.0 Controller

Most USB 2.0 controllers are backwards compatible with USB 1.1 devices. Do not assume because a device doesn't work when it's plugged in that it's a USB controller problem. Again check device manager to insure the controller is working properly and when installing usb 1.1 devices, make sure you install the proper driver for it.
Old 01-11-2006
Tom

But tell me... If I have installed deviced to my motherboards Usb 1.1 port... they are working properly... this driver shouldn't be used when I attach them to controller? In device manager controller seems to have no problems.

It looks so:

<> Universal Serial Bus Controller:
---> Ali PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
---> USB 2.0 Root Hub
Old 01-13-2006
Tom

I found the answer!!
It was problem with resources... Controler used same IRQ like other devices. Now my problem is moved to "Motherboards problems".... lack of free IRQ's
Old 03-13-2006
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Problem with Ali 5273 USB 2.0 Controller

Sometimes just moving the PCI cards around will "free" an IRQ. It's not so much that there aren't enough- just that some don't like certain hardware to "share" together.

A little "swap-a-roo" might do it for you?
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]