DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Networking (NICs, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, ...)

Old 04-05-2010

ted h8s dell is on a distinguished road
idea problems with dell drivers

hi this is my first time using this site and im not that handy with technical details of pc's, hardware e.t.c. had a problem earlier with downloading drivers onto my mums old dell demension 4550 that i had to reformat due to the many viruses and trojans. i managed to get most drivers from the utility disk provided but the one for the network card intel 100/10 i think couldn't be found [error:28] so i decided to hit the net on my laptop to find a solution which brought me to this guide. found alot of old threads with this problem but couldn't find a decent solution. many referred to dell's downloadable driver for this but i couldn't get it working. phoned dell and they wanted 60 quid for a 1 off solution so i went back to the desktop and was playing around with the folders of those drivers. the solution was after installing from the utility disk, go into the folder location and there was an intall.exe that needed to be run. maybe this is an obvious thing to do but for the likes of me there was no instructions on cd or the net to do this so i decided to register to let all of the others 'like me' know about this as it might be causing them the problem
Sponsored Links

Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]