DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 07-08-2005
x_cruizin_x

Thumbs down SCSI BIOS not found

I have a Adaptec AHA-2940U/2940UW/2940D PCI SCSI Controller. Whenever I boot up my pc it says SCSI Boot Device SCSI Not Found. What do I need to do to fix the problem?
Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2005
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea need some addional info

Is this a new installation or have you had the scsi card installed for awhile and it just stopped working? Has it ever worked? Did you install it using add new hardware in Control Panel or did you just plug it into a pci slot and turn the pc on? SCSI cards require a driver either from the manufacturer or using a driver included with the os. What os are you using and what driver?
Old 07-08-2005
Constance

Default Re: SCSI BIOS not found

It should be a Plug and Play card, as i am using an AHA-2940AU and it is... so no driver required at boot time.

Pressing Ctrl A (in US keyboard) when the line with the name of the card appears on screen should grant you access the SCSISelect™ Utility.
Then choose "Configure/View Host Adapter Settings".
There, check that "Host Adapter SCSI Termination" is set on "Automatic" and that every SCSI Id is on "yes" for the line "SCSI device config include un BIOS Scan".

That should solve the problem, unless it is a problem with the SCSI ribbon cable, or the power connectors, or even (worst case) the drive(s) themselves.

(If that solves your problem, then be sure to get the latest drivers for your OS and, if applicable, BIOS update from [url=http://adaptec.com/worldwide/support/suppbyproduct.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat= %2FTechnology%2FSCSI+Host+Adapters&fromPage=driver index]here[/url]. )
Old 07-09-2005
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: SCSI BIOS not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
~... so no driver required at boot time.

If no driver is required then why does my "Adaptec AHA-2940U/AHA-2940UW PCI SCSI Controller" list these drivers in Windows 98SE, Device Manager, Driver Tab, Driver File Details box? Yes, it's pnp in Windows, however it does require a driver (which is provided by the os as stated in my original response to the member). No scsi card will work without a driver.

C:Windows\System\iosubsys\aic7878xx.mpd (miniport driver provided by Microsoft)
C:\Windows\System\VMM32\ios.vxd (also provided by Microsoft)

While the member failed to state what os he/she was using, I responded assuming it was one of the more popular Windows os and requested additional information from the member to help isolate what the problem was.
Old 07-09-2005
Unregistered

Question Re: SCSI BIOS not found

Adaptec "AHA" cards are bootable and will load a BIOS before Windows loads so a bootable OS installed on a SCSI hard drive can boot the system.

"SCSI BIOS not found" ?
"SCSI Boot Device SCSI Not Found" ?

We need to know the exact massage before anyone can help.
Old 07-09-2005
Unregistered

Default Re: need some addional info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Is this a new installation or have you had the scsi card installed for awhile and it just stopped working? Has it ever worked? Did you install it using add new hardware in Control Panel or did you just plug it into a pci slot and turn the pc on? SCSI cards require a driver either from the manufacturer or using a driver included with the os. What os are you using and what driver?

The scsi drive I am using is a Fujitsu Limited Ultra 160 SCSI/68-pin/LVD.
Not for sure what u mean by os.
Old 07-09-2005
Unregistered

Default Re: need some addional info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
The scsi drive I am using is a Fujitsu Limited Ultra 160 SCSI/68-pin/LVD.
Not for sure what u mean by os.

If you mean Operating System I am using Microsoft XP Professional
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]