DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 08-22-2009

ankitj is on a distinguished road
Question Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install XP Pro w/Sp2 on my Gateway. It has a virus and needs to be reformatted. Currently it's running XP. It has a Fujitsu MHV2100 bh 85Gb harddrive.

I need to have the SCSI driver ready during install of XP Pro. The laptop does not have a floppy drive.

How can I introduce the driver during installation without a floppy drive? I tired using USB flash drive, but that did not work.

Please advice.

I am desperate. I need the laptop for my classes.

Thanks
AJ
Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Actually that "SCSI" driver you're referring to is a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") driver. If your laptop came with Windows XP then it should have the driver required in the recovery files. If it came with Vista and you're trying to downgrade, then you must have the SATA driver on floppy disk. If the laptop has no floppy drive then you must create a custom Windows XP installation cd disk using a program called nLite and integrate the SATA driver onto the custom install disk. That way you don't have to use the F6 function and a floppy disk.

For the nLite program and instructions on how to use it, go to: [url]http://www.nliteos.com/download.html[/url]

You can also Google "nLite" and find many sites that have information about this program.
Old 08-22-2009

Steve_dux is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Actually that "SCSI" driver you're referring to is a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") driver. If your laptop came with Windows XP then it should have the driver required in the recovery files. If it came with Vista and you're trying to downgrade, then you must have the SATA driver on floppy disk. If the laptop has no floppy drive then you must create a custom Windows XP installation cd disk using a program called nLite and integrate the SATA driver onto the custom install disk. That way you don't have to use the F6 function and a floppy disk.

For the nLite program and instructions on how to use it, go to: [url]http://www.nliteos.com/download.html[/url]

You can also Google "nLite" and find many sites that have information about this program.

I've had no trouble loading XP pro w/sp2 onto a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") hard drive enabled machine, many times. The drives come with the operating system disk.
Old 08-22-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_dux
I've had no trouble loading XP pro w/sp2 onto a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") hard drive enabled machine, many times. The drives come with the operating system disk.

SATA drivers do not come with Windows XP. When XP was first created, there were no SATA drives.... they didn't start including SATA drivers until Windows Vista was released.
Old 08-22-2009

Quote:
SATA drivers do not come with Windows XP. When XP was first created, there were no SATA drives.... they didn't start including SATA drivers until Windows Vista was released.

I beg to differ, it can be done. Look here: [url]http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Installing-Windows-Xp-Sata-Enabled-Desktopnotebook-Computer_t55476.html[/url]
Also includes your (nLite and use it to slipstream your Windows XP) info

A quote form the above link:
"1. Disable SATA from your system BIOS and install Windows XP"
Old 08-22-2009
Super Moderator

You are WRONG. Microsoft DID NOT include SATA drivers with Windows XP period. If a Windows XP disk contains SATA drivers then they have been added just like I mentioned in my first post above. If you continue to insist they did, I will remove all your posts so stop auguring the fact.
Old 08-22-2009

Quote:
You are WRONG. Microsoft DID NOT include SATA drivers with Windows XP period. If a Windows XP disk contains SATA drivers then they have been added just like I mentioned in my first post above. If you continue to insist they did, I will remove all your posts so stop auguring the fact.

You are correct, I was wrong in stating that SATA drivers came with XP.
What I stated in my next post was that XP can be loaded by Disabling SATA from your system BIOS before you install, then they can be reinstated at a later date. By following the instructions in this link: [url]http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Installing-Windows-Xp-Sata-Enabled-Desktopnotebook-Computer_t55476.html[/url]
You will see that it can be done, I have, a number of times!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]