DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate
  


DriverGuide Forums



Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

  #1  
Old 08-22-2009
ankitj ankitj is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
ankitj is on a distinguished road
Question Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install XP Pro w/Sp2 on my Gateway. It has a virus and needs to be reformatted. Currently it's running XP. It has a Fujitsu MHV2100 bh 85Gb harddrive.

I need to have the SCSI driver ready during install of XP Pro. The laptop does not have a floppy drive.

How can I introduce the driver during installation without a floppy drive? I tired using USB flash drive, but that did not work.

Please advice.

I am desperate. I need the laptop for my classes.

Thanks
AJ
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
    
  #2  
Old 08-22-2009
Jerry K's Avatar
Jerry K Jerry K is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 37,070
Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Actually that "SCSI" driver you're referring to is a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") driver. If your laptop came with Windows XP then it should have the driver required in the recovery files. If it came with Vista and you're trying to downgrade, then you must have the SATA driver on floppy disk. If the laptop has no floppy drive then you must create a custom Windows XP installation cd disk using a program called nLite and integrate the SATA driver onto the custom install disk. That way you don't have to use the F6 function and a floppy disk.

For the nLite program and instructions on how to use it, go to: [url]http://www.nliteos.com/download.html[/url]

You can also Google "nLite" and find many sites that have information about this program.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2009
Steve_dux Steve_dux is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Steve_dux is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Actually that "SCSI" driver you're referring to is a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") driver. If your laptop came with Windows XP then it should have the driver required in the recovery files. If it came with Vista and you're trying to downgrade, then you must have the SATA driver on floppy disk. If the laptop has no floppy drive then you must create a custom Windows XP installation cd disk using a program called nLite and integrate the SATA driver onto the custom install disk. That way you don't have to use the F6 function and a floppy disk.

For the nLite program and instructions on how to use it, go to: [url]http://www.nliteos.com/download.html[/url]

You can also Google "nLite" and find many sites that have information about this program.

I've had no trouble loading XP pro w/sp2 onto a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") hard drive enabled machine, many times. The drives come with the operating system disk.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2009
Jerry K's Avatar
Jerry K Jerry K is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 37,070
Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_dux
I've had no trouble loading XP pro w/sp2 onto a "SATA" (or commonly called a "RAID") hard drive enabled machine, many times. The drives come with the operating system disk.

SATA drivers do not come with Windows XP. When XP was first created, there were no SATA drives.... they didn't start including SATA drivers until Windows Vista was released.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2009
Steve_dux Steve_dux is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Steve_dux is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
SATA drivers do not come with Windows XP. When XP was first created, there were no SATA drives.... they didn't start including SATA drivers until Windows Vista was released.

I beg to differ, it can be done. Look here: [url]http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Installing-Windows-Xp-Sata-Enabled-Desktopnotebook-Computer_t55476.html[/url]
Also includes your (nLite and use it to slipstream your Windows XP) info

A quote form the above link:
"1. Disable SATA from your system BIOS and install Windows XP"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2009
Jerry K's Avatar
Jerry K Jerry K is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 37,070
Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

You are WRONG. Microsoft DID NOT include SATA drivers with Windows XP period. If a Windows XP disk contains SATA drivers then they have been added just like I mentioned in my first post above. If you continue to insist they did, I will remove all your posts so stop auguring the fact.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-22-2009
Steve_dux Steve_dux is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Steve_dux is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desperate!!! Need help installing XP Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
You are WRONG. Microsoft DID NOT include SATA drivers with Windows XP period. If a Windows XP disk contains SATA drivers then they have been added just like I mentioned in my first post above. If you continue to insist they did, I will remove all your posts so stop auguring the fact.

You are correct, I was wrong in stating that SATA drivers came with XP.
What I stated in my next post was that XP can be loaded by Disabling SATA from your system BIOS before you install, then they can be reinstated at a later date. By following the instructions in this link: [url]http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Installing-Windows-Xp-Sata-Enabled-Desktopnotebook-Computer_t55476.html[/url]
You will see that it can be done, I have, a number of times!
Reply With Quote
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Convert video and DVD to DV for DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut Pro, iMovie? ginglebell Audio & Multimedia 0 03-23-2009 09:11 AM
DRIVER NEEDED: ATI ATI Radeon 9600 pro 256 MB (Windows XP Professional) flashy Graphics / Video Adapter Request Board 6 08-22-2007 08:25 PM
DRIVER NEEDED: ATI RAGE PRO TURBO AGP 2X (8 MB) ATI 3D-Rage Pro (Windows XP Professional) Stijn Meul Graphics / Video Adapter Request Board 3 01-02-2007 08:24 PM
DRIVER NEEDED: Duravision DV Pro/ TV Pro card (Windows XP Professional) [PCI / ISA] mabs Graphics / Video Adapter Request Board 1 07-30-2006 11:19 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34 PM.



2017 DriverGuide is an iCentric Corporation Company.     All rights reserved.    


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.