DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Printer / Plotter / Multi-Office Request Board

Old 04-17-2009

DARS is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

ALSO WORKS !! very nice!!
I am using virtualbox with the DOS drivers, so I just turn on the XP (32bit) in a window and share the print virtually :S .... It shouldn´t be that way.

thanks for your post !!!

PS: I have a dream where all the printers works with xp64
Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2009

RoLeRzzz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

gah i have been looking for a solution for this for ages. now im using win 7 with built in winXP virtual machine. I'm just printing the docs from virtual machine, but still its too messy and my family members don't know how to do it. I am really looking forward to find a better solution.
Old 05-26-2009

DARS is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

Best solution: sell the printer on ebay And before you buy the next one , make sure you check for the OS compatibility. The life continues...

I did that, and now I have a HP Laserjet p1505 (and still hate Hewlett Packard workless support)

C´ya!
Old 03-10-2011

bisquite is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSteve
After fighting with my Laserjet 1000 for years, with no help from HP, I have finally found a solution I'm content with. I have my Laserjet 1000 hooked to another machine running 32-bit XP, and have shared the printer over my network using the DOS driver on the 32 bit machine, and the built in Laserjet 1100 (MS) driver on the 64 bit machine.

This is the DOS driver to install on the 32-bit machine

[url]http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=45675&p rodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=45674&swLang=8&taskId =135&swEnvOID=228[/url]

Download the
"HP LaserJet 1000 Printing Software Solution"

After installing it you should have 2 printers listed on the 32-bit machine. The standard printer, and the DOS version. You need to share the DOS version. When you try to connect to the shared printer from the 64-bit, you will get an error as it tries to download an install the 32 bit driver. Just ignore it. and choose the built in 64-bit driver for the Laserjet 1100 (MS). It works perfectly, and you can just hit "Print", without having to transfer files, or connect to another PC every time!

Hello,

I've done installation of DOS driver on the other machine with XP, shared it, connected, and when I have to choose the drivers I blocked, I cannot find the built in Laserjet 1100's drivers... Can you help me and be more specific with this last step ?

Thank you
Old 10-19-2011

kovacs99 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I made it work in XP x64, although i'ts just basic printing.

I connected the printer and cancelled the automatic instalation.

Then, in control panel>"Faxes and Printers" y added a new printer and chose the HP DeskJet 1100C built-in printer driver.

It works in a basic level.
Old 12-12-2011

stx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisquite
Hello,

I've done installation of DOS driver on the other machine with XP, shared it, connected, and when I have to choose the drivers I blocked, I cannot find the built in Laserjet 1100's drivers... Can you help me and be more specific with this last step ?

Thank you

Hi, did you have any luck finding out how to find the built in drivers please? I actually downloaded the >100 MB "Full Solution" for LJ1100 series, but the installer didn't like that INF file.

Thanks for any reply,
Stx
Old 12-12-2011

stx is on a distinguished road

VTSteve, I followed all steps from the second solution but cannot get the built in drivers. All I see is a standard prompt popup waiting for the proper INF file.. where is the built-in LJ 1100 driver please?

THANKS in advance
STX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSteve
After fighting with my Laserjet 1000 for years, with no help from HP, I have finally found a solution I'm content with. I have my Laserjet 1000 hooked to another machine running 32-bit XP, and have shared the printer over my network using the DOS driver on the 32 bit machine, and the built in Laserjet 1100 (MS) driver on the 64 bit machine.

This is the DOS driver to install on the 32-bit machine

[url]http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=45675&p rodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=45674&swLang=8&taskId =135&swEnvOID=228[/url]

Download the
"HP LaserJet 1000 Printing Software Solution"

After installing it you should have 2 printers listed on the 32-bit machine. The standard printer, and the DOS version. You need to share the DOS version. When you try to connect to the shared printer from the 64-bit, you will get an error as it tries to download an install the 32 bit driver. Just ignore it. and choose the built in 64-bit driver for the Laserjet 1100 (MS). It works perfectly, and you can just hit "Print", without having to transfer files, or connect to another PC every time!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]