DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Printer / Plotter / Multi-Office Request Board

Old 03-20-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

Sorry we couldn't help. You might want to contact HP online and ask them if they can help you. They have a free chat feature that won't cost you any money to use.

This one is free "chat with a technician": [url]http://instantsupport.hp.com/euserv/jsp/hpinstantsupport.jsp[/url]

And this one looks to be a "pay us" page: [url]http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/427347-0-0-225-121.html[/url]
Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2009

DARS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

Do you know a way to emulate the printer from a DOS application? something like a print server based on DOS, running in x64?
do you think that something like that could work???
Old 03-26-2009
Super Moderator

Sorry but I don't know, however, I'd almost bet that it would never work in that scenario. Your best bet would be to keep trying the XP x64 built-in drivers... surely there's one that would do basic printing with this model printer.
Old 03-26-2009

DARS is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

FINALLY!!!! I found a way to work with my HP Laserjet 1000 in XP64, also works for vista 64 I think.

I have installed VirtualBox , which simulates Windows XP in a window running under the xp64, and then I share a directory and make the prints from there.

I tried everything! I swear!! even generic drivers, universal HP´s workless support, etc , none of them will ever work in x64. Its a pity. Next time I think that everyone should buy Epson!!!!!!!

I hope some day a guy from HP will wake up read this post and feel really bad and empty about his life and work. ....... HP people : go to hell !!!

Dars
Old 03-26-2009
Super Moderator

Yes.... I hope they read it too. As a matter of fact, I'll send them the url to this thread.

Thanks for finding (and posting) a solution. I'm sure many LJ 1000 owners will thank you as well.
Old 03-26-2009
Super Moderator

idea VirtualBox 2.1.4 42893

VirtualBox 2.1.4 42893

InnoTek VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.

Some of the features of VirtualBox are:

* Modularity. VirtualBox has an extremely modular design with well-defined internal programming interfaces and a client/server design. This makes it easy to control it from several interfaces at once: for example, you can start a virtual machine in a typical virtual machine GUI and then control that machine from the command line, or possibly remotely. VirtualBox also comes with a full Software Development Kit: even though it is Open Source Software, you don?t have to hack the source to write a new interface for VirtualBox.
* Virtual machine descriptions in XML. The configuration settings of virtual machines are stored entirely in XML and are independent of the local machines. Virtual machine definitions can therefore easily be ported to other computers.
* Guest Additions for Windows and Linux. VirtualBox has special software that can be installed inside Windows and Linux virtual machines to improve performance and make integration much more seamless. Among the features provided by these Guest Additions are mouse pointer integration and arbitrary screen solutions (e.g. by resizing the guest window).

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows and Linux 32-bit hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.

What's New in version 2.0.6:

* VMM: fixed Guru meditation when running 64 bits Windows guests (bug #2220)
* VMM: fixed Solaris 10U6 boot hangs (VT-x and AMD-V) bug #2565)
* VMM: fixed Solaris 10U6 reboot hangs (AMD-V only; bug #2565)
* GUI: the host key was sometimes not properly displayed (Windows hosts only, bug #1996)
* GUI: the keyboard focus was lost after minimizing and restoring the VM window via the Windows taskbar (bugs #784)
* VBoxManage: properly show SATA disks when showing the VM information (bug #2624)
* SATA: fixed access if the buffer size is not sector-aligned (bug #2024)
* SATA: improved performance
* SATA: fixed snapshot function with ports>1 (bug #2510)
* E1000: fixed crash under rare circumstances
* USB: fixed support for iPhone and Nokia devices (Linux host: bugs #470 & #491)
* Windows host installer: added proper handling of open VirtualBox applications when updating the installation
* Windows host installer: fixed default installation directory on 64-bit on new installations (bug #2501)
* Linux/Solaris/Darwin hosts: verify permissions in /tmp/vbox-$USER-ipc
* Linux hosts: fixed assertion on high network load (AMD64 hosts, for Linux distributions with glibc 2.6 and newer (bug #616)
* Linux hosts: don’t crash during shutdown with serial ports connected to a host device
* Solaris hosts: fixed incompatibility between IPSEC and host interface networking
* Solaris hosts: fixed a rare race condition while powering off VMs with host interface networking
* Solaris hosts: fixed VBoxSDL on Solaris 10 by shipping the required SDL library (bug #2475)
* Windows additions: fixed logged in users reporting via guest properties when using native RDP connections
* Windows additions: fixed Vista crashes when accessing shared folders under certain circumstances (bug #2461)
* Windows additions: fixed shared folders access with MS-Of?ce (bug #2591)
* Linux additions:fixed compilation of vboxvfs.ko for 64-bit guests (bug #2550)
* SDK: added JAX-WS port caching to speedup connections

Size: (34.92 MB.)
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/213627806/VirtualBox-2.1.4-42893.rar or http://depositfiles.com/files/j1hr3rkyv or for AMD64 http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/2.1.4/VirtualBox-2.1.4-42893-Win_amd64.msi For SUN Xvm: http://rapidshare.com/files/203616170/Sun_xVM_VirtualBox_2009-02-16.part1.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/203615204/Sun_xVM_VirtualBox_2009-02-16.part2.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/203619669/Sun_xVM_VirtualBox_2009-02-16.part3.rar http://rapidshare.com/files/203608297/Sun_xVM_VirtualBox_2009-02-16.part4.rar
Old 04-16-2009

VTSteve is on a distinguished road

After fighting with my Laserjet 1000 for years, with no help from HP, I have finally found a solution I'm content with. I have my Laserjet 1000 hooked to another machine running 32-bit XP, and have shared the printer over my network using the DOS driver on the 32 bit machine, and the built in Laserjet 1100 (MS) driver on the 64 bit machine.

This is the DOS driver to install on the 32-bit machine

[url]http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=45675&p rodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=45674&swLang=8&taskId =135&swEnvOID=228[/url]

Download the
"HP LaserJet 1000 Printing Software Solution"

After installing it you should have 2 printers listed on the 32-bit machine. The standard printer, and the DOS version. You need to share the DOS version. When you try to connect to the shared printer from the 64-bit, you will get an error as it tries to download an install the 32 bit driver. Just ignore it. and choose the built in 64-bit driver for the Laserjet 1100 (MS). It works perfectly, and you can just hit "Print", without having to transfer files, or connect to another PC every time!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]