DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 11-27-2007

seus2 is on a distinguished road
Default looking for ieee1394 adaptec aic-5800

Looking for the COMPLETE aic-5800 driver with all needed .sys files for windows 2000. I have tried several of the ones posted including the ones in the limited download section and none of them are complete. Note that this device is native to win98se but is not to win2k (adaptec, intel and microsoft had a fight about then) so all the .sys files are needed.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2007

driver_fixer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: looking for ieee1394 adaptec aic-5800

What do you mean by "...all the .sys files are needed"? How many are missing?

I found this BETA driver .ZIP file for Win2k, reportedly released by Adaptec, which contains one .INF file, and one .SYS file, which are all you should need to make the device work under Win2k...

Direct download link:

[url]http://dl.winsite.com/files/571/ar2/win95/drivers/other/aha-894xw2k.zip[/url]

I read the .INF file in Notepad, and it should allow you to get SOME function from the Adaptec controller, when installed along with the .SYS file...

Found this information on the web:

"Here is what I know about the device, after doing a lookup on the PCI ID and VEN numbers-

"The device is a REALLY old 1394 device. It is PRE-OHCI in architecture, which is probably why Adaptec doesnt support it on 'newer' OSes- (Newer being 2000, and XP). The device is based on the AIC-5800 ASIC, which is not supported natively by win2k. After some difficulties however, I managed to locate a "Beta" driver for Win2k, that Adaptec released some years ago. After loading it on my sister's unit, it seems to have put the device 'online', but as far as actual serviceability that you can derive from a NON-OHCI IEEE 1394, That remains to be seen..."

That information is in the LAST post on this page:

[url]http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/2000/Q_20625504.html[/url]

scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see it.

Good luck with this; hope this helps you... this is just about all the information I could find about this controller, in relation to use with Win2k...
Old 12-03-2007

seus2 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: looking for ieee1394 adaptec aic-5800

Thanks man that one worked. I was refering to the other drivers that I had found and all of them required more than the one .sys file specifically the one that I could not find was the ntmap.sys. This one worked though so I guess I just don't need the other files.
Old 12-03-2007

driver_fixer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: looking for ieee1394 adaptec aic-5800

Thanks for the update; now that I know those BETA drivers worked for you, I'll post them here on DriverGuide.com for anyone else who needs them... really glad to know you've got that old hardware working once again... I really dislike seeing hardware sitting unused, especially because the drivers are missing... which is the main reason why I post here now...

EDIT: OK, I just tried to post the driver here, and it looks like you beat me to it...

Last edited by driver_fixer : 12-03-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]