DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 11-06-2007

driver_fixer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: Ethernet controller missing?? HELP please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa
hi there,

The adapter you are looking for are at this site..but make sure it is authenticated.

[url]http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/site/search/r4_0/jsp/search.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeri esId=50440&tx=hp%20ethernet%20adapter%20[/url]

It will download automatic, if not go to: Start - Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - System - Hardware tab - Device Manager - Network Adapters or the one with yellow question mark. Right Click to choose-(update dirver) click (No, not this time) click (Next) click (install from the list...) click (don't search. i will choose the driver to install) click (Next) unclick (show compatible hardware) it will show few driver manufacturers and also choose (digitally signed) only if not your system will crash as it did mine...

if the driver you choose is not working, try again the above but this time another manufacturer... best luck.
This is NOT correct; you can NOT install the ethernet driver until AFTER the motherboard chipset drivers have been installed. DO NOT waste your time following these steps; you will only complicate matters...

Follow the instructions I've posted for you; you have to install the drivers in a particular order. I understand that "Europa" is trying to help, but a LITTLE knowledge can be dangerous...
Sponsored Links

Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]