DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 05-30-2007

robin23 is on a distinguished road
Default Gateway MT6705 notebook, looking for SATA drivers for windows XP

Good afternoon, I have a Gateway MT6705 notebook, it is sold whit Windows Vista installed. Since Vista is useless for me at this moment, I'm trying to instal XP, but I'm having problems to find the SATA drivers:

Gateway MT6705
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home

Processor Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Mobile Processor T2060
1.6 GHz | 1 MB L2 Cache | 533 MHz FSB

Chipset Intel® 943GML

Hard drive 120 GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive WD1200BEVS

I got from this page the Western Digital drivers, Serial ATA Serial ATA RAID Controller Drivers, I stored in a floppy, inserted the Win XP Cd, hit the F6 key as recommended, then when I specified the SATA drivers from the floppy, it seemed to go ok, but when the cd prompts the ENTER KEY to setup XP, a message appeared saying that it was impossible tp find a hard drive.

I got the process from this link

[url]http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/pc_sata_install_windows_operating_system.shtml[/url]

Do I need any extra SATA driver, I mean more than one?
Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2007

pg64159 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gateway MT6705 notebook, looking for SATA drivers for windows XP

Hi
Did anyone reply to you? I have the SAME laptop with the SAME problem (downgrading to XP on GTWY MT6705 laptop)...I cannot find the SATA drivers..IF i do get the driver files, will they work on a flash usb drive, as I do NOT have a FLOPPY DRIVE on the laptop??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

pg64159

Last edited by Jerry K : 06-21-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-27-2007

MikeDavisTx is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Gateway MT6705 notebook, looking for SATA drivers for windows XP

You can download the SATA drivers from Intel. Look for the 32 floppy configuration utility. Run it on a computer that has a floppy drive and then open the disk and save the files to the hard drive. Then get nLite and slipstream them in as Text mode and only select the Mobile drivers (don't really know which one it is exactly) Then you will be good to go. I am currently formatting my Laptop drive right now getting it ready with XP If you dont' have access to a computer with a floppy i guess i could e-mail the files to anyone (consider this a last resort).
Old 06-29-2007

RaulV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDavisTx
You can download the SATA drivers from Intel. Look for the 32 floppy configuration utility. Run it on a computer that has a floppy drive and then open the disk and save the files to the hard drive. Then get nLite and slipstream them in as Text mode and only select the Mobile drivers (don't really know which one it is exactly) Then you will be good to go. I am currently formatting my Laptop drive right now getting it ready with XP If you dont' have access to a computer with a floppy i guess i could e-mail the files to anyone (consider this a last resort).

Can you send me the files?? i really don't have access to a floppy drive
Old 07-10-2007

shaggywhite is on a distinguished road

I have video drivers, network drivers and wireless card drivers for the MT6705. I also have instructions on how to install SATA drivers(I just did it to my laptop) Driver link on the next page by the way

Last edited by shaggywhite : 07-14-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2007

shaggywhite is on a distinguished road

I have also solved the audio problems and SM Bus Controller problem. the only driver needed now is the modem on high definition audio, but it's not a big deal since the audio is working
Old 07-11-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Gateway MT6705 notebook, looking for SATA drivers for windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggywhite
I have video drivers, network drivers and wireless card drivers for the MT6705. I also have instructions on how to install SATA drivers(I just did it to my laptop) email me for info. [email]no.email.addys@allowed.com[/email]

no email addys allowed. If you want everyone to know how to do this procedure, post the info in this thread.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]