DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > DOS

Old 07-13-2004
nomadic

Question MS-DOS CONFIG.SYS Problem....

IS there any1 can giv me a hand on a typical system status report (which contin of CPU utilization,Physical memory usage,Disk I/O per second graphs)!!i'd appreaciate ur generous to share wit me......Thanks Ist ya!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2004
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Type: External (6.0 and later)

Syntax:

MSD [/i][/F[d:][path][filename] [/P[d:][path][filename] [/S[d:][path][filename]
MSD [/b][/i]

Purpose: Provides detailed technical information about your computer.

Discussion

MSD allows you to examine technical information about your computer in two different formats. You can use the MSD interface or you can create a report.

Detailed information about your computer`s model and processor, memory, video adapter, version of MS-DOS, mouse, other adapters, disk drives, LPT ports, COM ports IRQ status, terminate-and-stay-resident (TSR) programs and device drivers will be provided.

Options

/I - Specifies that MSD not initially detect hardware. This option should be used if you are having problems starting MSD or if it is not running properly.

/F[d:][path]filename - Provides prompts for you to enter your name, company, address, country, phone number, and comments, and then creates a complete MSD report to the file you specify.

/P[d:][path]filename - Creates a complete MSD report to the file you specify, without prompting you for information.

/S[d:][path][filename] - Creates a summary MSD report in the file you specify, without prompting you for information. If no parameters are specified, MSD will write the report to the screen.

/B - Runs MSD in black and white instead of color. Use this option if MSD is not displaying properly in color.

Example

To run MSD and create a report file called INFO.TXT, enter
msd /p info.txt
Old 08-09-2004
driver2

Default System diagnostics

Hallo nomadic

I prefer Drhard.exe, which comes with some other programs...
It is a diagnostic program for DOS; one should type drhard.exe and press the enter-key; if the system is hanging up itselves you will need to choose the option <safe-start> or something like this.
Old 08-12-2004
gabor@freemail.hu

yeah, you're right
Old 10-08-2004
Unregistered

Default solution

hello i suggest u used MSD which stands for Microsoft Diagnotics,iit gives u typical infomation on the system status as u requested
used it as MSD.exe and a screen will come up u just press the first letter of the opinion u will make on the screen
byeeeeeeee
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]