DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > CD / DVD Request Board

Old 06-04-2007

cuttie is on a distinguished road
Default Help

Please help me my advent laptop 7113 will only play DVD's it use to play CDs but has recently stopped now it makes the noise as if it's going to play it then stops. I tried what you told the XP users to use but windows vista seems to be different as it wasn't having none of it please reply ASAP!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2007

toby89 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Sony Electronics Optiarc DVD RW AD 5530A ATI Device (Windows Vista

My daughter's ACER laptop has an Optiac DVD drive. Nothing we tried worked (e.g. system restore). Drive didn't show in Vista windows explorer.
I tried JerryK's solution, deleted the two filters, then rebooted.
This gave us back the drive.
Thank you Jerry
Old 12-03-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Sony Electronics Optiarc DVD RW AD 5530A ATI Device (Windows Vista x64)

You're very welcome toby89... thanks for the report
Old 07-21-2008

Dox House is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Sony Electronics Optiarc DVD RW AD 5530A ATI Device (Windows Vista x64)

"Your DVD/RW drive (Optiarc AD-5530A, made by Sony) is NOT shot.
I've been dealing with the same issue for the past two months.
After 2 hours on the telephone with Everex Tech Support all they offer is to replace the drive at MY expense.
After TWO sessions (totalling 6 hours) with Windows Vista support staff, including sharing control of my comp with technicians (in India, of course) it was determined that Sony/Optiarc has yet to develop an updated driver that will play well with Vista.
Try to find one...ROTSA-RUCK!"
Old 12-20-2008

COMPINV is on a distinguished road

I tried this on an Everex laptop and it worked great. Uninstall the CDROM in device manager. Delete the 2 items as instructed. Scan for hardware changes and shazaaaammm. It worked marvelous. Thanks again and Happy Holidays. Matt
Old 04-18-2009

danny01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Sony Electronics Optiarc DVD RW AD 5530A ATI Device (Windows Vista

Hi,

Thanks for sharing information.

Here is my suggestion for you regarding the purchase of Sony Electronics Driver.

Online electronics shops are the best place where you can search for your product and a refund is assured if the customer is dissatisfied.Every item bought is given a certificate of authenticity so the consumer is assured of getting the right deal. All electronic products have warranties. Most warranties range between 12 to 24 months.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]