DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > CD / DVD Request Board

Old 07-11-2007

SolBadGuy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Thankyou very much Jerry, you save me from reinstalling windows.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2007

cdsildenafil is on a distinguished road
Question Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Thanks, you post helped me too. I have the same: hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n, and at first I followed your instructions and it helped, but then after I put in a second disk to read it went back to doing the same. It sounds as if the cd is in and recognizes it is in yet, it does not read anything.

Please help.

thanks.
Old 08-20-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Here is the url to the sticky that explains this procedure and also has an included file that does it for you:

[url]http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=30011[/url]

And here is a reprint of my article explained in many threads:

Simple solution:

Situation
There is a yellow exclamation mark for CD/DVD drives in Device Manager. The device status in the properties of the driver might indicate an error code, for example 32, 37, or 39. Or the drive simply does not appear in My Computer or Device Manager.

Solution

To solve the issue, you have to edit the Windows Registry:
Click Start, then Run, type REGEDT32 and click OK.
Locate and then remove the following registry values:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlCl ***{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}LowerFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlCl ***{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}UpperFilters

Close Registry Editor.
Reboot the system for the changes to take effect.

Note: Some programs are unable to detect the CD/DVD drive after these steps. To solve this, simply re-install the program in question, eg: usually your recording software. Also, in few instances the order in which the programs are (re-)installed can make a difference.

And here's another method that will do this automatically for you if you're afraid to edit the registry manually.

Code:
[url]http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=22131[/url] (automatic fix, post #7, download file: CdGone.zip)

There is also a STICKY in the CD-DVD driver request forum that has instructions on how to do this fix along with a file from Microsoft that will perform the fix. Please read the STICKY for further instructions. This thread: [url]http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=30011[/url]
Old 09-13-2007

Tatets is on a distinguished road
Question Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Hi Jerry,. first of all, sorry for my English, i am spanish and i am not an expert in your language...

My problem is like the one you have solved here, i see my DVD recorder device, but i cant use it because windows doesn´t detect it automatically. Its an error code 10 (the device cant start). I have read that this error code its due to a bad driver installed...a driver from the same company, but not exactly the driver of the product. Here is a screenshot...[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Well, I have tried your method to recover my device, but in the registry, i only saw the uppers, and i deleted it, but the lowers entry dind´t appear over there.

After deleting the uppers, i restarted and windows automatically found again the device, but again whit the same problem (error code 10). I tried to delete the device too, and the result is the same. Here is a screnshoot of the registry...[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

The device name is TRST cnrp CD/DVDW TR-H642L, and i can´t found any driver for it over internet...

Please help me.

PS: Fantastic job, Jerry, its incredible all the things you know!!

PS2: I have continued reading over internet this problem, and someone wrote that his device was burned..:S Its that possible? :S

Last edited by Tatets : 09-13-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-13-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Yes, it's suppose to re-detect the drive automatically such as it did in your case.

First, you want to rule out any problems with the device itself. A good way to do this is to plug the device into a different computer to see if it works there. If it does not work in a different computer, then the problem is with the device itself.

However, if the device works in another computer system, then the problem lies with the configuration of the computer where the device did not work.

I realize this may not be possible depending on what type of pc it's installed in but other than take it to a shop to have them test it is the only other solution. You must determine if the problem is hardware or software problems .

It's possible you have a bad drive but there are other things that can cause this problem. By chance, do you have iTunes installed? If so you might want to uninstall it and retest. Here's some reading on that subject:

[url]http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=705418[/url]

btw, nice images.

Last edited by Jerry K : 01-26-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2007

Tatets is on a distinguished road

Ok, thanks...i havent neither windows vista or itunes installed, so i think i will try to put the device in other pc to see if it works correctly... and see if it is a hardware or software problem..i´ll tell you what happen...

Thank you
Old 10-04-2007

YamatoSan is on a distinguished road

I have similar problem.
I use a DP35DP Intel Mainboard and i use 2x320GB WD Drives set as stripped RAID for OS partition. Proc - Quad E6600.
This mainboard has only one IDE connector and does not have floppy or PS2 connector (all are USB).

After i installed my OS - XP Professional with SP2 (and i use DVD-RAM LG GSA-H54L version) when i enter the system after booting i see the DVD-RAM, but after 15 seconds it disappear sudden.
I tried to change the registry (upper and lower thingy ...), but it does not work. I think the problem is that my DVD is viewed by the OS as a SCSI item and not an IDE.
I manage to check the Device Manager and the OS report that i have installed a SCSI driver - but my DVD-RAM is IDE.
The bad and ugly part is that i cannot do anything.
Any suggestion?
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]