DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > CD / DVD Request Board

Old 02-19-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Your very welcome DarkPrincipessa. Welcome to driverguide.com

Come back anytime you need help.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2007

Driver Mania is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

My CD-ROM is not playing audio nor musical CDs. I've tried your suggestion given above to no avail. I've removed the drive from Device Manager and located the key containing the following string of letter and numbers:

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, highlighted this key by left clicking once on it but on the right hand side I can't find "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column. I only have 'Default', 'Class', 'EnumPropPages32', 'Icon', 'Installer32', 'NonInstallClass', 'SilentInstall' & 'Troubleshooter0' in the column.

I'm using XP professional..........Help!
Old 03-04-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver Mania
My CD-ROM is not playing audio nor musical CDs. I've tried your suggestion given above to no avail. I've removed the drive from Device Manager and located the key containing the following string of letter and numbers:

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, highlighted this key by left clicking once on it but on the right hand side I can't find "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column. I only have 'Default', 'Class', 'EnumPropPages32', 'Icon', 'Installer32', 'NonInstallClass', 'SilentInstall' & 'Troubleshooter0' in the column.

I'm using XP professional..........Help!

define "not playing"

does that mean the disks are not spinning or does it mean you're not hearing the audio from them or both?
Old 04-07-2007

TomeeK is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Dear JerryK, I looked for more than two hours to solve my problem with the driver for my Compaq nx9010. Finally I arrived at this forum where your solution worked superbly. Thanks for this great site
Old 05-18-2007

Gunter2007 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hitachi hl-dt-st rw/dvd gcc-4241n (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Ive had exactly the same problem, i followed the steps, but now the under device status it says that the device is disabled (code 22) when i click on enable is just says windows is unabled to enable it. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2007

rhaus is on a distinguished road

i had the same problem as Driver Mania and i couldn't find upper or lower filters in this file. if you are experiencing similar problems, do not fear. just check all the folders with similar extensions until you find the default folder at the top that reads "disk drives" in the data column. i'm using this cd-r/dvd <HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N>
folder was supposed to be here :
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

but it was here:
{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

just follow the moderators instructions and it works perfectly.

many, many thx for this helpful thread!
Old 06-05-2007

JEO is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much-it worked for me as well after Dell was unable to help me!
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]