DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 07-24-2006

bleebdat is on a distinguished road
Default Usb 2.0 help.

My situation is I cannot get any device to run at usb 2.0 speeds, when I connect a device the message pops up that my device is hi-speed but plugged into a non high speed port. I have "standard enhanced pci to usb host controller" I have plugged devices into every port with the same message popping up. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Usb 2.0 help.

Look at the listings under "USB Serial Bus Controllers" and see if you have the word enhanced anywhere. It sounds like your controller is not a usb 2.0 controller. Also what os are you running?
Old 07-14-2007

gavieb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Usb 2.0 help.

Hi, I have the same problem, and it confuses the hell out of me! I have a USB 2.0 hub installed on XP Service Pack 2, it is enhanced (VIA Enhanced Host Controller) and yet if I plug any USB 2.0 enabled device into it, it says that there are USB 2.0 ports available and I should try one of those, despite it being in one Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-15-2007
Super Moderator

idea Re: Usb 2.0 help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavieb
Hi, I have the same problem, and it confuses the hell out of me! I have a USB 2.0 hub installed on XP Service Pack 2, it is enhanced (VIA Enhanced Host Controller) and yet if I plug any USB 2.0 enabled device into it, it says that there are USB 2.0 ports available and I should try one of those, despite it being in one Any help would be greatly appreciated

It doesn't really matter wheither the hub is usb 2.0 or not. The important thing is the usb controller in your pc. Is it USB 2.0. If so then the word "enhanced" will appear in Device Manager under the USB Controller section. Please post the listings under USB Controllers. Or try the device plugged directly into a pc usb port instead of the hub and see what happens. my pc has 6 usb ports, 2 in front and 4 in the rear. I don't use a hub, no need to....yet!

Last edited by Jerry K : 07-21-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
It doesn't really matter wheither the hub is usb 2.0 or not. The important thing is the usb controller in your pc. Is it USB 2.0. If so then the word "enchanced" will appear in Device Manager under the USB Controller section. Please post the listings under USB Controllers. Or try the device plugged directly into a pc usb port instead of the hub and see what happens. my pc has 6 usb ports, 2 in front and 4 in the rear. I don't use a hub, no need to....yet!

Ok, here is everything under USB Controllers. I think it may be useful to know that my PC did not initially come with USB 2, it had 2 USB ports at the front and 2 at the back, but then I got it upgraded to have a further 4 USB 2 ports at the back, which have never worked, and as I took my PC straight to university with me after I had it installed, I didn't have the chance to shout at the people who did it (stupid of me, I know). Anyway, the controllers:
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub - these are the four ports that are supposed to be USB 2, as last week I was experimenting and turned these off and the devices plugged in stopped working.
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Host Companion Controller
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Host Companion Controller
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller
Old 07-21-2007
Super Moderator

Are all ports reported as working by Device Manager?

If it came with usb ports front and back, why did you add another usb controller? Doesn't make any sense. The way I see it (by your listing) is that you have one usb 2.0 controller.... the one with the Via chipset. Working condition? I don't know because you didn't say.
Old 07-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Are all ports reported as working by Device Manager?

If it came with usb ports front and back, why did you add another usb controller? Doesn't make any sense. The way I see it (by your listing) is that you have one usb 2.0 controller.... the one with the Via chipset. Working condition? I don't know because you didn't say.

I added them because the ones that came with my machine were not USB 2.0. What do you mean by working condition? The added ports do work, but only as regular USB, the message that comes up when something is plugged into them is that there are USB 2.0 ports available
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]