DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 01-22-2004
Andrew

Question PCI simple controller

I have just installed WinXP Pro. XP has detected all but 1 hardware component on the motherboard. The audio.

I am unable to get any audio to work. In the device manager the PCI simple controller is the only item with a yellow '?' over it. I have even tried putting a PCI sound card into the machine with the correct drivers but still could not get any audio to work as it would tell me the devise was not functioning properly.

I can not see the brand or model of the audio chip as it is on the motherboard and does not have any info about it.

Can anybody please help??

Many thanks

Andrew
Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2004
marcus

remove the device and reboot your computer/ watch carefully on the reboot to get the id of the device it will install sometimes the windows detects the wrong device on setup so look through the devices of a similar id and try installing the one that works for your system.
Old 02-10-2004
terry

Default sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
remove the device and reboot your computer/ watch carefully on the reboot to get the id of the device it will install sometimes the windows detects the wrong device on setup so look through the devices of a similar id and try installing the one that works for your system.

you could try downloading and running belarc advisor . it is a utility that detects and lists your hardware and software info . it is available at belarc.com .

good luck,
terry
Old 03-26-2006
kickinass

Exclamation Re: PCI simple controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus

OMG, you are so dumb, everytime someone says that drivers are gone, u say remove and reboot, thats so stupid, if that was the case, no one would be asking for help, when someone goes wrong thats the first thing done, duh, so why say that, it doesnt help, so you should just shut your mouth about it
Old 04-07-2006
Unregistered

Default Re: PCI simple controller

I need a software for PCI simple communications controller, please.
Old 06-29-2006

Daddio is on a distinguished road
idea Re: PCI simple controller

Are you sure your not after a pci input controller like my Hewlit Crappard keeps asking for and that I can't find.
Old 06-29-2006

Jonybrv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PCI simple controller

Is it listed as PCI simple communication controller ? If yes, that's your modem and not your audio card.

Check, did you try new PCI sound card in a different slot ?

As you see no other device with yellow exclamation, did you check for any device errors under Sound, Video and Game controllers in Device Manager ?

Did you test the speakers ? try with headsets.

Could be issue with Windows codecs too, run a Windows XP repair install.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]