DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Networking (NICs, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, ...)

Old 03-09-2009

ubersmush is on a distinguished road
Question Sound and Network connections problems

Hi, I can't connect to the internet nor does any sound play from my laptop apart from the odd annoying beep.

I'm using a fujitsu laptop with SP3 windows XP

Under device manager the following devices have yellow exclamation marks under them:

Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus
Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller
Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter

I tried uninstalling them and rebooting but that does nothing. Theyre still there yellow marks and all

There is nothing when I click onto network connections and the system seems to lag alot.
When I try and access my volume control I get the following error:

'There are no active mixer devices available: to install mixers go to the control panel, click printers and other hardware and then click add hardware'

I've been trying to sort this problem out all day. Installing sound and modem drivers several times but to no avail. I'm not very good with pcs and probably have made some mistakes. If anyone can help me fix these problems that will be really good!

I do not have my XP discs on me at the moment which might be a big problem. I can get hold of them in about 2 weeks though

Also I think I might have put this in the wrong forum, if so Im sorry

Last edited by ubersmush : 03-09-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sound and Network connections problems

Laptops require specific drivers from the laptop maker. Generic drivers will not work on a laptop and will fail install if attempt is made to install generic drivers. Please visit the laptop makers website to check for driver availability. You will need to know what laptop model you have before you'll be able to find drivers for it.

[url]http://support.fujitsupc.com/CS/Portal/support.do?srch=DOWNLOADS[/url]
Old 03-10-2009

ubersmush is on a distinguished road

Well thats the place I've been downloading my drivers from. I've had drivers work from there before.
My laptop is a P1310 as far as I can tell and as Ive said I installed a wireless driver that worked fine from that list a few months ago

Am I right in thinking I need the audio and modem drivers? I've tried to install those two. The audio one does nothing and the modem driver won't even install
Old 03-11-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Yes, if you want those 2 devices to work, then a driver install is a must. I've not heard of anyone having trouble with the drivers from Fujitsu. Be sure to uninstall any old drivers for hardware that you need to install a new driver for.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]